Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

He had a million reasons as to why he didn't tell anybody, and he may or may not use them against anyone who tries to give him shit about it. Especially his friends. He knew Hoseok and Yoongi were on his side about this, although he hated it when anyone chose sides, but he hadn't had the energy to fight them with anything. He's barely had any energy to do anything, and he was a little surprised he was able to walk to school without feeling like he ran two marathons.

He walked inside the school building, being sure to hide his stitched wrists, as he looked around the cafeteria, heading to his locker he was more than certain Bogum was waiting by since Jungkook wasn't around anymore. He saw his friends gathered around a table, even Jungkook, his back facing the small brunette boy, seeing they were having a deep conversation about something that seemed like a big deal.

He debated if he should walk up to them, but then he saw Jimin and Jungkook, Jimin rolling his eyes at whatever Hoseok was saying, while Yoongi, Jin and Namjoon just nodded along, but he couldn't tell was Jungkook's reaction was. He stood behind a few people gathering at the head of the hallway, people pushing by to get to their lockers, pushing and shoving, cursing and yelling, and all Taehyung did was wait patiently.

Hoseok looked over and seen Taehyung, tugging down his sleeves as he waited and looked around, waiting for the people to either start moving ahead or clear out. The small brunette boy was too busy scanning his surroundings he didn't even noticed the small smile Hoseok offered him, too busy in his own little world, his anxiety making sure nothing and wondering if something would go wrong.

"I didn't know he was supposed to get out of the hospital today." Hoseok heard Jimin mumble under his breath, causing him to look over and see the smaller male with folded arms in front of his chest, eyes flickering down at the table. The older rolled his eyes, looking back over at Taehyung who was moving out of the way for people to get by with ease.

"He was evaluated, they said he was good to go, they wanted him to take some therapy sessions, see if he likes and see if it's something he should pursue, you know," Hoseok replied, smiling when he seen Taehyung bouncing a little on the balls of his feet, hugging himself as an intense shiver ran down his spine, "Other than that, he was good to go. Said he was fine to head home."

"Whatever," Jimin responded with, causing Hoseok and the others besides Jungkook to look at him with knitted eyebrows. Yoongi rolled his eyes, shaking his head at the male and scoffing lightly, whole Hoseok looked at him with a little offense taken. He understood why Jimin was mad, but he really had no right.

"You know, you really have no right to be so pissed off with Tae," Hoseok muttered, looking down at his hands and playing with the rings on his fingers, Jimin's gaze snapping up at him, "Taehyung didn't tell us because, in all honesty, it really wasn't any of our business to know what's happening in his personal life. And I completely understand where he's coming from. He already has to take shit here because of Bogum and everyone else who likes to spread rumors about him, and we're involved in it."

"So?"

"He didn't want us involved into any more drama that's happening at his home," he stated, defending the small brunette boy, "Tae's been through a lot over these last few years, and all he really needs is a friend right now. He needs us. That means me, Jin, Yoongi, Namjoon, you, and even Jungkook. He already feels like the whole world's against him. We can't be the ones to add on to that. He really needs us right now. He needs all of us. Not just one of us. All of us. You owe Tae an apology, and you need to talk to him. You too, Jungkook."

"You're seriously agreeing with what he kept from us?"

"Jimin, Seok's right," Yoongi stated gently, looking at his boyfriend with a soft and convincing gaze, "You weren't even there when he was in the hospital. Do you even know how many breakdowns the kid had because he thought you and Jungkook hate him. He still believes it, and we kept telling him you don't, but you never showed up to the hospital and visit him. You didn't act like the friend he's been wanting and needing."

"He needs friends, not the rest of the school against him." Hoseok stood up, gathering his things and looking over to where Taehyung was, only to see he was now gone, but the crowd at the head of the hall hadn't died down any. His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to think of where he could've went as Yoongi gathered his things, too, both wanting to catch up with Taehyung.

Jungkook remained quiet, Hoseok's and Yoongi's words ringing through his head. He didn't know how to get Taehyung to listen to him, let alone forgive for everything he's done to him, and he knew the longer he kept it up, the worse the outcome would be. Not to mention he still had a note to give back to him, and he still had to explain himself about how he had gotten his hands on the thing in the first place.

He felt like he was going around and around in circles, and nothing was ever coming to a stop, let alone slowing down. He felt like he was on this never-ending merry-go-round, and the longer he stayed on, the more anxious he was to get off and get his bearings. He didn't want to be on it anymore, he wanted off, but the only way to get off was by apologizing to Taehyung and making things right, then he would feel better and be able to get off the pointless and never-ending ride.

"Kook, class is about to start," Jin stated, nudging the raven-haired boy with his elbow. Jungkook then noticed that Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin were no longer seated around the table, his eyebrows furrowing as he realized he had zoned out and into his own little world for the thousandth time that morning and week. "You okay?"

"Where did, uh, where did the others go?" He questioned, ignoring the other's question as he looked around the cafeteria, in search for his other friends that had magically disappeared into thin air. Jin chuckled lightly as Namjoon stood up and slung his bag over his shoulders, looking down at the raven-haired boy with a smile so wide his dimples were on full display.

"They went to the roof."