Chapter 24: "I don't want to be a second option"

Start from the beginning

There was an excruciating silence in Taehyung's living room. The actor's ears felt like bleeding, his eyes stared into nothing completely feeling himself lost in a daze. The bewilderment felt during the morning and noon was gone and replaced with an undescribable feeling of betrayal. He sat on his couch cross-legged, holding Yeontan against his chest with reddened eyes that the puppy licked off his cheeks from time to time. Across from him, sat Hoseok hanging his head down with an unreadable expression aside from panic. They shared the same emotions of wanting to disappear of this earth until they could forget about all their pains.

"You're married?" Taehyung began. His voice low and broken, completely teared apart. Hoseok slowly nodded, misty eyes refusing to meet the actor's. "To Yoongi hyung..." He couldn't believe it. No matter how many times he said it or thought about it, his heart couldn't believe in the fact. "I-Is Beomgy—"

"No. He's not my son," interjected the model. Hoseok's knees curled on the chair he sat, he hugged them and began breathing heavily.

"I-I'm a fucking home wrecker. Is that why you're not together? Because of me?" Taehyung spat, completely losing all confidence in himself, like his personality was stripped away from him completely.

"No!" Hoseok felt himself already beside the actor, reaching out to calm him in hopes of calming himself too, but the look on the younger's eyes was breaking him apart even further.

"Don't touch me, Hoseok. First explain... I-I'm..."

Hoseok's hand fell on his lap, he bit his inner lip and felt the overpowering urge to run away, but he didn't. He began to explain, "Y-Yoongi and I had been in a relationship until four years ago. We were married and faced some problems... I lashed out on him a-and one day he went out after we fought badly," he explained feeling a strong punch on his heart of the recalling past memories. Through the explanation, Taehyung felt empty. The tears just stopped flowing and he stared into space without knowledge and just listened to the man he loved explain his past. He couldn't get the somber expression off, and frankly, he wanted nothing more than to turn back time. "He returned the next day, completely different. Taehyung, h-he... cheated on me."

Hoseok's hands fisted around the cushion, he recalled the exact moment Yoongi had arrived to their house the next day. By adding words together, only one was perfect to describe the director's physical state. "He looked fucked up. Our marriage was never the same after that day. A month later... after we started working things out, he found out he was pregnant."

"Beomgyu..." Taehyung said out loud, voice breaking but he couldn't stay mad at the little boy that brought him happiness. The little boy was completely innocent, an angel sent from heaven.

"It seems... After I found out, I just couldn't stay. I never offered him to abort, but I just couldn't stand seeing him with a baby that wasn't ours because it would be a reminder. So, I left the divorce papers for him to sign and I left... I continued pursuing my modelling career and later on... I met you."

"Stop..." Taehyung whispered, but Hoseok continued, he couldn't stop. He couldn't lose Taehyung too, he was all he had left.

"I... I was trying to get over Yoongi, and then we met. It all started as a friends with benefits approach, I needed a form of escapism. Believe me... I fell in love with you, Taehyung-ah. Heck, I love you so much... B-But I couldn't be yours completely." From the actor's loosened hold, Yeontan jumped off his lap and walked away leaving him to place his hands on the empty space of his lap.

"But you love him too," the actor said.

"I..." Hoseok couldn't find the right words to say without continuing to break the actor's heart again.