Chapter 24

So a lot of you have liked this book. It's been a ride, three years since I started this! I would like to ask some of you to be nice about the chapter length, I know it's not much but I'd like to keep this short and sweet. Anyway, here's an extra chappy:) so happy that this has been read by 25k+ people.

🌸YOUR LIE IN APRIL🌸

"Hey Watari... what are you doing...?"

It was a warm summer evening. Spring had sprung and summer took its place. After many piano concerts and violin performances, this summer was the time for Kousei and the gang to finally relax.

Or at least, for everyone else to relax. Not Kousei.

"Hey, chill! I'm just doing Kousei a favor and brightening up his room a bit. Like, how does this man even sleep? His bed's full of music!"

"He's not even here you dummy! What if he has it all systematically placed in that certain location because he KNOWS he can find it there?" Tsubaki hissed

"Geez, angry much? Don't worry about it. Besides, I'm sure he'll thank me! I'm doing him a favor, imagine bringing a girl home to this!" he gestures to the mess "It smells like dust!"

"Kousei doesn't BRING girls home. I would know." she scrunched her nose thinking of Kousei with another girl "I'm sure Kaori's pleased with it. You know how she is about Kousei and piano music."

Watari shrugged "Kinda. Music's not really my jazz though, so I don't really care."

Tsubaki grumbled "Of course you don't"

"Kousei, look!"

Kaori skimmed the water with her hands "It's a baby duck!"

Kousei beamed at her "Yeah. It's kinda cute."

Kaori stuck her toungue out at him "MeEeHh. It's a baby. MY baby. I'm keeping it."

"Kaori, you can't just steal a baby duck!"

"Sure I can!"

"No you can't!"

"Yes I can!"

They squabbled for a little bit. The sun was setting and the heat was dying down. A warm dew coated their face

"Hey, look!" Kaori gasped "Fireflies!"

Kousei looked at the glittering fireflies dancing by the lake, and intense dejá vú enveloped him. It's been years since they stood together gazing at fireflies. It brought back distant memories of bittersweet heartache.

That night...

The softness of the moment and the thump thump of the fireflies' light all around them. He had confessed something that night. His inspiration. His silent admiration.

He couldn't help but see her sadness, even though his heart was pounding with joy. He loved being with her. He loved her sweet smile, and her eyes when she looked at him. She said something, something discreet, something backhanded...

"You know... I'm not always going to be there to help you... Charlie brown."

Kousei jerked back to reality

"What's wrong?" Kaori asked, peering at him

"N..Nothing" Kousei looked away. It was too painful to talk about.

"I know what you're thinking." she said quietly "I've thought about that night more than I should. But everything's okay now. You don't have to worry."

Kousei bent his head "You know, that night.. it was really nice. It haunted me while you were at the hospital. I just kept thinking about what you said. You were warning me. And I... I didn't want to
believe it." he stopped

Kaori chuckled "I knew you'd think about what I said. I said that on purpose."

Kousei looked at her chuckling with a frown "You're really cruel, you know that right?"

She smiled "I know. I have a way with words."

"Yeah.. I'm just glad it's over." Kousei sighed

"I'm not."

Kousei stopped and turned to look at her

"What? Did I say something wrong?" Kaori smiled innocently

"ARE. YOU. INSANE?!" Kousei yelled, jumping back from her

"You gave me more attention when I was dying!"

"That's not something to reminisce about!"

"I'm just saying!"

Kousei smiled "You're really crazy, you know?"

Kaori reached out and grabbed his hand
" I know."

"Watari."

"Huh??" Watari looked up from the trash can

"Can we please leave now? I want to actually do stuff with you, like hold your hand or go on cute dates. Not stuff like this!" Tsubaki pouted and shoved Kousei's pencils off of his desk

"Hey hey watch it! I spent a lot of time rearranging that!"

"Whatever. I'm going outside. The sun is setting." Tsubaki smiled then frowned "I don't suppose you want to see it."

"See what?" Watari stuck his head out from under the bed

Tsubaki stared "Nevermind."

"Hey." Watari went over to her "I heard what you said. I'm getting pretty tired of smelling Kousei's socks anyways." He smiled at her

Tsubaki smiled in return "Finally. Where is he anyway?"

"I dunno. He didn't tell me much. Just that he was with his lady friend." Watari smirked and made a smoochie face

"Ew get away from me!" Tsubaki laughed, pushing him away

"Come on, everyone wants to smooch Watari!" He chased her out of the room, laughing until both their stomachs hurt

— 
You guys make me so happy:)