4

The warm and fuzzy feeling I got from being around him quickly depleted as soon as he was out of my sight. Something about him was comforting. I blinked a few times and got up with my crutches, hobbling out of the gardens and approaching the normal sidewalk. I looked around and he was nowhere to be seen. A sigh was to be heard from me and my heart twisted a little. It felt like a small pang. Why though?

I made my way home and noticed my father started making dinner. Everything was ok until my sister, Yoona, got home from her day out with the caretaker. She was nine now. She was becoming more destructive as well. Tearing at her clothing, tearing many of the items she owned apart to the point they were unusable. Mother came back and held the torn skirt in her hands. She was yelling at Father again. Finally, he shot back at her. Here we go again. The nightly ritual around dinnertime. Always the arguing. I sighed and went to my room to avoid the situation. I close the door and sat on my bed, scrolling through my phone. Nothing interesting. I tried looking up Seonghwa on social media. Nothing. Weird. My eyebrows furrowed as I continued to try looking for him on social media. I found nothing within that next hour.

Why are you so obsessed with him?

You don't even know the guy

"Ughhhh," I groaned, throwing my head back. I couldn't find a single thing. My mother then knocked on the door. I called out it was open and she walked in with my dinner.

"Here's your dinner... How was your day today?"

"It was good. I met someone named Seonghwa and he seemed like a nice guy."

"Oh is he around your age?"

I shrugged. "Maybe?"

"Hm well, hopefully, he becomes a good friend of yours."

I nodded in agreement and took the food after thanking her. "I'm planning on going to the gardens again tomorrow. Is that ok?" I looked up at her. She nodded and smiled softly.

"I'm glad you're getting outside again."

"Yeah, we'll see how long that will last."

She chuckled softly before leaving and closing the door behind her. I then went back to blankly staring at the food. I wanted to eat but I felt I couldn't. I already felt I was too fat so eating would only make me gain weight. After staring at my soup and biscuits, I set them to the side and laid down in bed, only able to think of Seonghwa. "Stop it-" I said to myself. I turned out the light and closed my eyes. tired from today. I prayed he'd be there tomorrow so I could see him again.

~

I woke up with no dreams that night. After a moment of laying there, I remembered that I got to go to the gardens again. A smile made its way to my face as I quickly got up and threw on some clean clothes. After managing downstairs and saying farewell to my parents, I rushed to the gardens, my heart beating fast and butterflies in my stomach. I hoped he would be there. I had no idea why I felt so excited and nervous to see him. It was almost like a breath of fresh air. As soon as I turned that corner and headed into them, I saw the bench and noticed a figure on the bench. My heart jumped as I slowly approached him. "S-Seonghwa?"

I made it to the front of the bench and felt the anxiety leave me as I saw a smiling Seonghwa looking up at me. All of the voices in my head disappeared and the fuzzy feeling returned. I subconsciously smiled back and sat down next to him. "How are you today?"