Chapter 1

Nova's POV

"Girls are lost.  Women are to be found".

I shouted as I walked around the pavilion of our campus. Some students are staring at us wondering what these walking weirdos with their plaque cards above their heads are doing marching around the side of the pavilion.

Marching behind me are also 14 other girls whom I recruited in our Nikita Femme Club. Honing their inner girl power fighting skill, we have already set a weekly date for our meeting to talk about Feminism and Women's Right against Patriarchy.  Amy, my childhood friend and my partner in crime is also marching behind talking to some junior student to put her plaque card higher.

I have been an active feminist since I saw the movie Outrage. Yes, it may seem a very old movie but that really inspired me to research more about women being oppressed and had the guts to fight for our rights. So yeah! Girl power! 

 Amy walked towards me with her eyebrow knitted at the center and she is already sweating. Well, all of us are already sweaty. We are under the sun for almost an hour now. 

 "Nova, I think we should continue again next week" Amy said while she's holding her plaque card with "Human not Man" written on it. 

 "One more round and we're done" I told her. "There are students looking at us and boys staring at the cards we made. Maybe they'll understood something about and maybe we can still recruit other girls, especially the freshmen". 

 "Okay. I'll be having sore feet later", Amy replied with a pout on her mouth. 

 Amy may be annoying sometimes cause she gets easily tired of doing some things but she never stopped supporting me in any way and I love her for that. 

 Being the campus president, I have always been busy making proposals, organizing events, attending meetings, catching up with the lesson in class, doing assignments and fighting for Women's rights. But I never been get tired of doing them. I enjoy multi-tasking and doing non-academic stuffs outside the classroom. I never fail in any of my subject in fact I am a top student. Wonder why no one has ever been closed to me.

After one more round we finished the mini-rally and decided to continue next  week. I blew my whistle signalling the other girls behind me that we're done and bid our farewells. We went to the shower room to change for our gym class. 

 Gym class is one of the boring subjects I have cause I'm not that sporty. I know some ball games like volleyball, I know the rules but I just don't play it. I'd rather read a book for a whole day locked up inside my room than to break a sweat dealing with balls. (It's definitely not what you're thinking) 

 After getting ready, we went inside the gymnasium. Another reason why I didn't learn to love the gym class because of the boring Mr. Rolley. Mr Rolley doesn't care what we do during class, he just announce what the sport will be for the day and he just let us do whatever we want to do while he is busy watching Netflix in his phone with his earphones plucked in his ears. 

 Amy, Lyra and I walked to the bleachers to find some seats. Amy is also a hardcore feminist that is why we were compatible-at first-sight when I first met her during freshmen years. She was in my English class and discovered that she loves to read Bronte books. We started hanging out together with Amy since that day. 

 "Alright class, out sport for today is volleyball." Mr. Rolley half-shouted as he announced it in front of us. 

Some students who loved the subject cheered and were getting ready to play the game. A couple of lovers just nod at what they heard and I know that they were really not paying attention to Mr. Rolley. 

 "Ta-ta and may you break a lot of sweats." 

 The other students came down from the bleachers and started warming up to start the game. I know that this will the the least of my priorities in life but for the sake of attendance and grades! Good Chuck, I have to do it. 

I looked at my two companions whom I know that they also dread playing ball games. They were both muttering something I couldn't understand but I know it's them talking how they hate gym class.We went down the bleachers and stood at the side of the court wondering what will be our team. Wow, the athletes are already in position almost starting the game just waiting for us. Jim walked towards us and told us to pick sides of the team. 

Jim is a really good male friend. He's the teen guy with glasses trying to get in the cool gangs even though he looks like a geek. I first met him in our Algebra class and I spent my time explaining to him why I hate guys and feminism and stuffs. He just nod and told me that that is my opinion then go fight for your rights. I was taken aback that time but in the we were really good friends. And by the way, is a math genius so sometimes he helps me in the subject and I help him in literature essays.

 I and Lyra joined Jim's team and Amy on the other side of the net. My team consisted of Lyra, Jim, Marky - the tall boy who I've heard cried when he lost his bicycle, Izzy - the cute and small girl who looks like a punk with eyeliner s and always wearing black, Grey - the hunky boy who is part of the Hunky Tunk, a group of boys who works out and flexes their masculinity, thinking they are all good-looking and believes that girl fall for guys like them. Ewww. And of course me, the girl who fights for her rights.

Team in front of me are like all dudes except Amy. I know the two members are also girls but they have short hair and grumpy faces like they would smash any man who'll go their way. I can recruit them, I thought to myself. Later after this game. The three other boys I know were Mike, Jessie and Richter, the members of the Hunky Tunk gang, feel-good boys who does nothing but make girls swoon over them. Smiling and smirking like every girl is staring at them right now, well, I am staring at them, not attracted but getting annoyed by the moment. 

The whistle blew and I know that the game is starting.