Did that make any sense?

Her heart warmed at the thought, like gooey treacle syrup over pudding and a peculiar sensation danced through her hair. She glanced upwards sharply. But the mirror before her reflected nothing, no flowers or sparkles of gold, just her messy bed head dripping with water.

The phantom scent of lilacs still haunted her and she frowned, folding the white shirt as she wiggled into his jeans.

Her guess remained unchallenged.

MinJae had been Ezra's partner in sex. The thought sent a burst of imagination through her creative brain. The imagery of soft exhales, hands brushing skin and the glint of handcuffs in the darkness teased her mind and she flushed at the thought.

God.

She was not against the idea of her soulmates having sex with one another. It was not because of her perverted hobby of writing gay fanfiction. No.

Those fantasies were just creative exploration to her. Amber's lips quirked upwards. Just because one dissected lamb hearts in a lab for biology, didn't mean one loved killing baby lambs.

Right?

She welcomed it because unlike JieMi who had blatantly announced his absolute hatred for her, the two of them were interested in their soulmate or at least had some semblance of respect for her. Plus, she needed some help in satisfying their sexual needs.

Amber dispelled the thought. It ran a little too far into the future and brought unwanted hope into her heart. Hope that she didn't want to deal with. She stepped out of the bathroom, the previous clothes that dressed her skin dumped into the laundry basket in the washroom.

Ezra was waiting for her, already sipping his coffee as he swiped through his phone. The cute hair band that held his bangs back was gone and her heart sighed in disappointment. She wanted to see that forehead, maybe kiss it one day.

"Good morning," she told him, taking a seat at the counter.

He raised his head to give her a smooth nod and a small quirk of his lips. He was not used to her presence and she knew that he had been observing her carefully. His eyes were trying to read her personality and character. He was watching and waiting for something.

For what? She didn't know.

"Is this mine?" She squeaked out looking at the spread.

He was generous and everything was plated nicely into beautiful colours that appealed to her eyes and her stomach. God. Her heart pounded pathetically in her chest. He was amazing. So amazing.

She didn't deserve him.

"Who else am I feeding?" He drawled back sarcastically with a low chuckle, stabbing his fork into a piece of kimchi. "Ambrosia," he said thoughtfully. The rasp of his voice and the way his tongue curled over her name sounded a little too erotic for breakfast.

Her name on his lips made her heart race and she froze. How the hell did he know her name? Shit. She paled. Had she even introduced herself? They spent the night together, and Amber hadn't even told him her name?

"Your tag. On your uniform," he answered her questions without being asked to, continuing to eat as he watched her carefully. "I'm Ezra. Ezra Lee."

She knew that. He didn't know that she knew that. Amber flushed.

"Ah, um—" Should she say hello? Introduce herself? "—I'm Ambrosia Momo Pei or Amber and thank you for taking me in."

Amber pursed her lips together, glancing down at the food. "And cooking for me." Amber burst out feeling a warm thankful smile spread across her features as happiness buzzed within her. The thought of her soulmate and ultimate crush cooking for her just blew her mind into smithereens.

How was she so lucky?

Ezra looked a little stunned at her reaction and he dropped his gaze bashfully. It was cute because Amber noticed the way his pale cheeks could hardly conceal the soft pink flush of embarrassment. Without foundation, he was completely incapable of hiding the colour of his skin.

She was not sure what to do in this situation so she kept quiet, watching him as she picked at her salad trying to appear ladylike and dainty in front of him.

Talking to Sieon had been easy, he was outspoken and direct, always straight to the point. He spoke to her in a humorous joking manner with lewd undertones to everything he said.

Ezra was clearly still wary of her and Amber didn't know him well enough to understand him. It was quiet for a moment and Amber panicked a little wondering what she should say before Ezra finally started to talk to her.

"How old are you?"