Maeve's eyes glowed yellow, the glow on her hands as she extended them soon a bolder surrounded by a yellow aura came into the condo through the window and she broke it up into pieces and began forcing them towards the men in front of her, knocking them out. "Freeze!" Two more ran in and shot Garfield who was now in his tiger form. "Kitty!" She exclaimed, failing to notice one man come around the corner only to shoot her 4 times in her side, she began to wobble, faintly seeing Garfield now in his human form. "Kitty." She mumbled, just above a whisper, before falling to the ground with a thump. The yellow glow that came from within her skin dimming until it was gone completely, she could feel someone stick something around her neck, she didn't know what it was only that it was bulky and uncomfortable and the she was met with complete darkness.

⛧彡

Maeve woke up with a groan, putting her hand on her head to try and subdue the pain she felt. She slowly opened her blue eyes, fluttering her eyelids due to the bright white light, she sat up, only to feel something around her neck, frowning her eyebrows. She brought her hands up to her neck and was met with a thick collar with many lumps and bumps on it. Her eyes widened as she tried to pry it off, trying to find something on the collar that will open it and she was met with a shock. Electricity coursed through her veins, causing her to fall back into the bed and seize a little, the pain was everywhere, but more so her neck, the skin under the collar. She recognized the pain. She began to breath rapidly sitting up quicker than before when the shock was gone.

She stood from the bed, she looked around the room and saw so many familiar things, the plastic bed with a thin mattress, the small but colourful drawings at the bottom of walls, done by crayon, she knew that because she was the one that did it. She began to panic, looking around the room rapidly, this was her room, the room she was kept in as a child for a year, the room that held so much pain, so many memories, the bad memories over taking the few good ones.

She saw the door and she ran to it, banging on the door harshly, violently, pulling repeatedly on the door handle, wanting out of the familiar white room, the room that she never wanted to see again. "Let me out!" She screamed, pulling harder on the door before another shock was triggered and she was on her back, grasping the collar in pain with both hands, she screamed in agony, tears running down her face from the physical and emotional pain she was feeling, and the electricity dulled until it was completely gone, she stayed on the ground, holding the collar, scared if she moved something would happen, then it occurred to her. "Garfield." She mumbled; her eyes widened.

Going to the door once again continuing to hit, pull and kick the door. "Where's Garfield?" She screamed as she banged on the door with both fists, the yellow glow from within her trying to escape with every hit she threw at the door, the yellow glow grew. The blue in her eyes were replaced with a yellow glow. "Where is he?!" She screamed, the yellow glow from her eyes began to move down her face, with each hit or tug she threw are the door, she failed to notice the power moving from her face, down her neck. She could feel the electricity, but she ignored it, blocking the pain. She heard the wall behind her crack causing her to suddenly look towards it the crack was a dissent size and she went back to the door, the glow continued to grow, it did not stop at her elbows, but instead continued to move up her arms. "Tell me where he is or I'll bring the fucking building down, until it's nothing, but rubble!" She screamed, her voice was difference, it wasn't her's, it was deeper, almost echo like.

In the surveillance room stood Garfield and Mercy Graves, it was chaos around them. "Whats happening?" Garfield asked as he looked around. "Your little girlfriend is about to create an earthquake large enough to destroy half of San Francisco, and that Mr. Logan, is where you come in. We need you to tell her you are alright and to calm down." "Why would I do that?" He asked. "Because if you don't, I will put her down." Mercy held a gun up, he glanced to the gun. "You have 3 seconds to decide before she becomes to powerful." "I'll do it." He mumbled "Give him the mic." They hand him a small portable mic on a stand, he pushed the button and began to speak. "Maeve." He said in the microphone, he looked to the surveillance video that showed her room. she stopped and began speaking. "Whats she saying?" He asked. "Someone turn the volume up." And they did

"Kitty!" "Yeah, it's me." "Where are we?" She whimpered. "Cadmus." "Where are you?" She asked. "I'm in a surveillance room." "I want to see you. I want to get out of this room." She exclaimed. Garfield looked to Mercy who still held the gun by her side before he could speak Mercy took the mic off him.

"Maeve, this is Mercy Graves, I am with Garfield and I need to you calm down and disengage your power, Garfield is also in the building and bring the building down will kill him also." They watched as the yellow glow from the screen faded away. "I want out of this room, now." She said. "You are in no position to negotiate Maeve." "Get me the fuck out of this room!" She yelled the building shaking causing the computers and screens to rattle. "We cannot do that Maeve, that room is the only secure room that will be able to hold you." "I am not 6 years old anymore, This room cannot hold me, and I want out!" The wall in her cell cracked again as she threw her fists into the door.

"Put her in with me." Mercy looked to Garfield. "I'll keep her calm, just... don't hurt her." Mercy thought for a moment before ordering some men to retrieve her. "Some men are going to come through your door Maeve, and they will take you to Garfield." "If one hair on his head it hurt, I will tear this building apart brick by brick and I will kill you Mercy." Maeve threatened glaring into the camera, she was staring into the camera with a vicious glare that caused Mercy to gulp a little, Garfield the only one noticing which caused a proud smile to overcome his expression.

you do not fuck with the great and powerful maeve thats for sure

i also really love this chapter like the cadmus part the most, like i had that part written before anything else because i already knew what i wanted to happen

can my motivaton for this book calm down cause we are nearly finished with part 2 :(((((( nooooooo i dont want to wait a year for part 3 :''''((

three days in a row wtf