𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 PTSD CAN SUCK MY DICK

VASTLY

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

It was a rare thing if Maeve couldn't sleep – when she was younger and she had killed her parents, over something she cannot even remember, she had to take sleeping medication to help her sleep and even then she would wake up crying for her family, but getting older, her brain forced the traumatic incident into the back of her mind, so she remembered only small bits – like how she killed them, but she had forgotten why, but she can no longer remember ever seeing any bodies. The first thing she remembers was the military picking her up and that she screamed for her parents.

Seeing those headless bodies really affected her mental state, when she closed her eyes to sleep, she would get flashes of a dead eyes, the skin covered in dirt, the eyes showed fear, so much fear. Maeve gave up on trying to sleep, so she decided to eat a tub ice-cream she had found in the freezer, the flavour was choc peppermint.

She sat on the marble counter next to the sink, her legs dangling over the edge of the bench. She dug her spoon into the ice-cream scooping out a chunk before placing it in her mouth. "Why are you awake?" She snapped her head to the arch way seeing Garfield walk in bare foot, a black shirt and superman boxers. He rubbed his eye attempting to wake himself up more since it was 2am. "I left my sleeping pills and every time I close my eyes I see those bodies... not a pretty sight." She said, her voice had small traces of playfulness, but Garfield knew it was just her being sarcastic and using humour to ease her nervous.

"Why are you awake?" She asked softly, placing the spoon into the ice cream tub.

"I was sleep shifting again." He replied chuckling lowly: When he first transformed into a tiger for a very long time he would shift in his sleep, but he wouldn't shift fully, not into a full tiger anyway, he would shift into his pre-phase stage – where his canines would sharpen, skin would turn green, and releasing of animalistic growls and his nails would sharpen a bit. The only reason he would wake up is if he accidently scratched himself or woke himself up by growling.

Maeve chuckled softly, looking down at the ice-cream as she pulled the spoon out and into her mouth. "So, why are you in the kitchen?" She asked, looking up her. Her voice was muffled due to the spoon being held in its place by her lips.

He walked over to the draw next to her leg pulling it open, pulling out a spoon. "I heard you eating." He replied, going to stab his spoon into the ice cream, but she moves it away from him. Looking at him with frowning eyebrows. Taking the spoon from her mouth with her free hand, extending her arm to keep the tub out of his reach. "My ice cream." She said as if it was obvious. "Come on! Sharing is caring." He began leaning over her to try and get a taste of the ice-cream, but she lies on her back, extending her arm above her head, "then I don't care." She replied.

Garfield pulls himself up on the marble table leaning over her to reach for it, she groans moving around to keep it away from him. "I share with you all the time." Garfield whines. She places bare foot on his chest, straitening the leg, keeping him at a distance. "You're supposed to you share with me and I don't share with you... that's how this friendship works." She said making her statement.

"Please." She lifts her head up to meet his puppy dog eyes he was giving her, her face drops into sadness – his puppy dogs eyes always had a way of making her cave and cry. "That's not fair." She whines, her voice breaking as she sits up. She puts the tub in-between them not noticing how close they were, they both grab a spoon full placing it in their mouths.

Looking up to each other and they now notice their noses are practically touching and neither of them moved. They continued to stay like that until the light for the kitchen turns on, scaring them. Garfield's scare was over the top, because not only did he scream, he fell onto the floor. Maeve leaned over the edge to see Garfield on his back, groaning in pain. "Whatcha doin?" The voice of Rachel caused Maeve to turn her head looking over her shoulder, pulling the spoon from her mouth, she held it up. "Eating ice cream." She replied smiling innocently to the younger teen, she nodded her head and crossed her arms, a small smirk resting on her lips. "Okay... Whatever you say." She replied turning around leaving the light on.

Maeve looked down at Garfield who was still on his back. "You okay?" She whispered. Garfield smiled, nodding his head while chuckling. "Yep... Perfectly fine." He groaned, causing Maeve to chuckle, sucking her lips in between her teeth to attempt to keep quiet.