𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 DRUNKIN STATE

VASTLY

a/n: this is a 'fluffy'  au chapter and it will be quite short

CHAPTER EIGHT

1½ years ago. ! 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐎𝐇𝐈𝐎 !

Maeve, like any teenager was stupid enough to trust a boy, to fall in love with a complete stranger, to give her heart to an older man who she barely knew. She knew her heart would be broken, she knew the outcome, she could feel it, but she chose to ignore that feeling and chose to get involved with a man who barely knew her name. They never really dated, they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, they had planned to go on a single date this night and Maeve had to ask him.

She was dressed nicely, ready for the date she had planned. They were going to a restaurant and then to her favourite roof top where they would watch the stars and talk about each other. She was so excited to be able to go on a date with this 20-year-old she met at a coffee shop and she was only 17, but she didn't care about a 3-year age difference.

She wore a purple dress that touched the floor as she waited outside the address she told him to pick her up from, he couldn't pick her up from her house, he might freak out at seeing Cliff or one of her friends.

The smile never left her face. Until it reached midnight.

She was sat on a step, in front of the building. Her hands in her lap and her head hanging low, tears going down her face, their reservation at the restaurant was at 7pm – meaning they had already missed it but being 5 hours late she still had hope he would turn up and say, 'sorry I'm late', and make up some excuse, but she knew he wouldn't. She was so stupid to put her trust into a man who would have never given her a second glance. She stood from the step and began walking to the building where she was going to watch the stars with him, buying a bottle of vodka with her fake ID, a piece of plastic she only used on occations, but today she was using it to get herself alcohol.

⛧彡

Maeve wasn't much of a drinker and she never thought she would be, but that soon went away when she made it to the roof, sitting on the edge of the building, her feet hovering over the roof. The bottle of vodka only missing a bit more than half, her inner Russian seeping through.