𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 PROTECTIVE

VASTLY

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

Everyone was sitting at the table while Larry brought in all the food he had cooked. Maeve of course was sitting next to Garfield and Rachel sat next to Maeve, making her in the middle. Garfield continued watching Larry impatiently, wanting to eat to his heart content. Larry leaned over Rachel and Maeve's shoulders to place a platter in front of them, he takes off the lids for two silver platters revealing his waffle mountain and onion-ring man. Rachel let out a breathy laugh, smiling towards Larry. "Don't bother, he doesn't need anymore of an ego boast." Maeve comments, a playful smile on her lips, which Rachel returns with a genuine one.

Larry walked around the table to his seat, sitting down next to Cliff who was eyeing the food he could no longer eat, but so wished he could. "Alright then." Larry said as Garfield looked around the table, a cheeky smile on his lips. "Let's eat." He said, everyone begins to dig into their food. Maeve her fruit tower in front of her. Garfield has bit of everything. Rachel and her waffle, Cliff had an empty plate like always and Larry's has eating his spaghetti.

As Rachel began eating her dinner, Cliff was staring at her, Maeve chuckled shaking her head knowing what was to come.

She reached for the last piece of grapefruit, her fork clashing with Garfield's causing them to stare at each other with a challenging stare. "You had it last time." "No, Rita did." Garfield fired back. Larry sighed while Cliff continued to ask Rachel about her food. "Can't we just have a normal dinner without you two arguing about food?" Larry asked the two, they both looked down, but Maeve smirked as she grabbed the piece of fruit shoving it in her mouth. She smiled, her cheeks puffed out due to the fruit.

"I loved to eat, swim, I loved to dance. I used to love dancing." He said sadly causing Mae to tune into the conversation. "Why can't you dance?" Rachel asked. "Ah, forget it. Your young. Nobody's dancing with this." He sighed. "Not with that attitude." Maeve replied, frowning her eyebrows. "I would." Rachel stated putting her piece of chicken down on her plate. Cliff looks across the table to Rachel who begins imitating the robot dance, making humming noises with her mouth. Once she's finished, Larry and Maeve laugh while Garfield smiled. "She can stay." Cliff stated plainly, causing Maeve to laugh a little harder at his bluntness and his change in mood towards the girl.

The doors are pulled open revealing Rita in her red dress and white gloves. "Sound like everyone's having fun." She smiled. "Lookin' hot." Maeve complemented the older woman who smiled at the comment.