(X) Titanic and Tears

Alexia's POV

After Emilio showed me that poem he had written, I've been thinking about it.

The poem resonated him my head. I couldn't help but think, maybe- just maybe- it was about me. I tried to dismiss those senseless thoughts but they always found a way to pop up in my head.

The description could easily fit any black girl out there. There was nothing special about me. There was no way Emilio Frazer would write a poem about me. He didn't even like me. He always found a way to get me in trouble.

"Earth to Alexia

"Earth to Alexia." Emilio snapped his fingers in front of my face. "You've been zoning out a lot lately. What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing. It has to be something." He stared at me expectantly as if he was just expecting me to spill my thoughts out to him.

"I was just trying to remember a movie I've always wanted to watch." That was a lie but this was one time I couldn't be honest. I wasn't interested in inflating his already big ego.

We were sitting on Emilio's bed beside bowls of popcorn and bottles of Coca-Cola, trying to find a movie on Netflix to watch. We were on probation so we decided we might as well make the best of it.

"Let's just watch Titanic."

"Yeah. That's a good idea. I love that movie."

For most of the movie we sat in silence. We've both seen it before but it was still very sad.

"I'm sure Rose can scoot over on the board. They can both fit. She's gonna let poor Jack die." I said watching as Jack was freezing to death.

"I agree. They could've both survived." Emilio's gaze was fixed on the screen that appeared to be even brighter because the other lights in the house were out.

"Jack was truly an angel."

"You know," Emilio started. "I know that feeling."

"What are you talking about Emilio?"

"I know what it feels like to lose someone you love." He continued. "When I about six, I lost my sister to a drunk driver. We were out playing in the street and the car came out of nowhere and crushed her."

My heart broke when he said that. I was no longer interested in the movie. I wanted to here what he wanted to say. "I'm so sorry Emilio."

"That day that I hit you..." he hesitated  for a while," was the anniversary of her death. I was out drinking. When I hit you, I lost it. I thought I had did the same thing that cost my little sister her life."

Emilo sat in silence. He was looking at the television but I he wasn't really watching it. He was consumed by his thoughts. I did something I thought I would never do.

I stretched out my arms and engulfed Emilio in a hug. He hugged me back. I could feel the pain radiating off him in waves. I could feel the remorse, the anguish.

I used my hands to rest Emilio's head on my neck and that is when I felt something damp. It was Emilio's tears. He held on to me for dear life.

I used my free hand to caress his back."Everything will be okay Emilio. It's not your fault." I whispered.

This was the lowest I have ever seen him. He wasn't the egotistical narcissist I knew from school. He was Emilio Frazer. He was broken and completely fragile and pure.

For the rest of the night we remained in that position. It wasn't uncomfortable. It felt just like home.

He trusted me enough to tell me about something so sensitive. I think I just found out the truth behind Emilio's actions.

 I think I just found out the truth behind Emilio's actions