Chapter 29

Aryan hugs the lady tight, making the lady smile.

Mary (smiling) - I hope you are happy here... Aryan...

Aryan lets go of the hug and smile widely.

Aryan (smiling) - yes mother Mary, I am very happy here... mumma... is sooo nice... and there is superman...

Mary patiently listens to Aryan's blabbering while the lady beside Mary goes towards the family with a frown.

Lady - My name is Isabella... which one of you is Mrs Khushi Raizada?

Khushi steps forward, a little nervous but covers it with a confident face.

Isabella - do you want to talk about Aryan here or in private?

Khushi looks around and sees that most of the parents are leaving. Anjali immediately makes some of the guests leave the place, making sure the only the family stays back. After a few minutes, Aryan leaves Mary and comes towards Khushi.

Aryan (smiling) - mumma... (whispers in Khushi's ears)... I am going upstairs... to prepare for my party with you and superman...come soon...

Aryan walks upstairs, while Khushi's tension increases as every guest eventually leave.

Khushi - they are family... you can tell me here...

Isabella (frowning) - I will go straight to point... we are here to do some investigation regarding the adoption... when you first adopted Aryan, you told us you were married, but not living with your partner... and therefore, Aryan would live with you... however, we only got to know a week ago... that you have started living back with your husband... we already investigated you... however, we need to do an investigation on both of you to see how well you can look after the boy... and how compatible you both are... as we don't want any child to get hurt due to the parents...

Khushi (shocked) - but I will be leaving this place in two weeks... as we are getting a divorce

Isabella - what? Mrs Raizada, you recently adopted Aryan and I don't think he is mentally capable of dealing with divorce... we told you this before, that Aryan is very delicate even when he was found ... he had a small chance of survival... seeing the bond between your husband and Aryan... makes us believe that he won't be able to deal with the separation... we can see the love that he has for both of you...

Mary - Yes, in fact, while I was talking to him... I only heard him mention two names, superman and mum... no one else holds as much attention as those two people...

Isabella - we advise you to reconsider the idea of a divorce... we know that Mrs Raizada is capable of looking after Aryan, however, seeing his growing attachment for Mr Raizada is getting us worried... also, we will be staying here for a few days... to see how you treat Aryan... we will be observing everything... even small fights in front of Aryan can make us take him away from you...

The whole mansion stays rooted on the spot, shocked with the outcome.

What? Because of this man! I might lose my Aryan... my happiness... I should have never come here. This is all that ASR's fault, all thanks to his growing attachment to my son, I am about to lose my Aryan. ~ Khushi's thoughts

Aryan! He can be lost from Khushi. No! That can't be. I will stay away from him, I will try so he loses that attachment and so Khushi can have him back. I should have listened to Khushi beforehand. Oh gosh. ~ Arnav's thoughts

Mary - I know this may seem unfair... and wrong... but we have to prove to the authority that you both are a perfect couple and love Aryan... we will discuss the divorce information later, so please cooperate with us...