Chapter 21

Payal's POV

Akash (shocked) - Aman!

Aarav turns around and gets shocked seeing Akash and I. He starts to shake in fear, and therefore, I go near him and try to calm him down.

Akash (trying to help) - Aarav, it's ok... we aren't the bad people... we won't hurt you... I promise... here is chocolate to keep my promise (offers chocolate)

Aarav doesn't react, instead, he continues to shake, making me feel really worried.

Me (worried) - Akash, call Aman... and tell him to meet us at the hospital.... And tell Khushi about the incident...

I carry Aarav outside, to the car, making sure no one notices us leaving like that, as they could tell Sheetal and the result won't be good. Sitting at the back, I wait for Akash who comes running to the car and we drive.

Akash (worried) - Aman, said to take him to his house... apparently, the doctors won't be much of a help... and he promised to explain everything to us...

I nod, but while driving I think about Khushi. How will she handle the situation herself? These Raizadas will annoy her... a lot... and even Aryan is with her. Should I go back?

Me (worried) - Khushi...

Akash (smiling) - don't worry Khushiji... can look after the Raizadas... and I have asked Lavanya and Nk to come to RM...

Me (worried) - why did you ask them Akash? They are newlywed... they need privacy and Khushi specially told us not to disturb them...

Akash (upset) - I know Payal... but leaving Khushiji alone isn't an option... she is brave but when Arnav gets angry... he gets out of control and I want no one to harm an angel...

Nk's POV

Lavanya and I are on a rough patch now... she is confused on whether to choose her husband or her career and I don't blame her. I have done what Arnav did to Khushiji... cheated on Lavanya. Even Though, I didn't marry another woman... I had another woman in my heart when I was married to Lavanya and that is another form of cheating. I regret doing it... I regret not giving Lavanya a chance... I regret not talking about my issues with her. Why did I expect Khushiji to return my feelings? I was wrong. I should talk to Lavanya... it has been two days... and we have managed to avoid each other. But not anymore. I silently go outside to the living room, where Lavanya is on the phone with someone and saying to them that she will be there. After she cuts the call, she turns around and stares at me, her eyes shows some hidden emotions. I approach her silently, wanting to discuss my feelings with her.

Me (upset) - Lavanya...

Lavanya (worried) - Discuss in car... we need to go to RM...

I nod without asking questions, I know that it must be an emergency as Khushiji wanted us to have some privacy and wouldn't call us if it wasn't urgent. We rush inside the car and after putting on our belts. I talk....

Me (worried) - look Lavanya, you don't have to choose between me and your work... as you need to make yourself a priority ... don't feel that you are pressured to choose me... just because I am your husband ... I think it's best if you choose your work... after all that is your dream... and I will support you... no matter what you choose... even though I can't come to Canada... due to visa problems... I will support you...

Lavanya (upset) - Nk... I know you will support me... as you have realised your mistake... but I am thinking about what we should we do with this compromised marriage? I know that marriage is a sacred bond... and it's not something you should joke about or make fun of... but in order for a marriage to be successful, there has to be trust and understanding... Which we don't have... you know na Nk, I have already had a failed relationship... and our marriage is also failed... I can't take anymore... I want to give you a chance... but I am scared... to get broken again... I know you will say, no... I won't hurt you again... but there is no guarantee ... and I know that you can't guarantee it... all I am saying is... I want some time... of our relationship... I want to live freely for once... I want to live, how I used to live before I met ASR...