o.t

-oikawa-
  fluff | gender neutral | valentine's day

-oikawa-   fluff | gender neutral | valentine's day

━━━━━━━━

He was out of breath, mouth agape and eyes flickering to life. When you both reached for the same chocolate in the same store, Oikawa felt like an idiot, because the way your fingers brushed against his made his throat thirsty. He couldn't speak, it was as though a volcano had erupted in his throat, decaying the walls into ashes in his lungs. It was dry, so dry, and yet he wanted to speak.

He pulled his hand away, "Sorry."

"No, you had it first."

Oikawa wanted to bury himself in a grave and lock himself up in a coffin until his cries were echoing beneath the Earth's soil. This wasn't supposed to happen, for Christ's sake, he wasn't supposed to coincidentally bump into his crush while buying chocolate for Valentine's Day. He swore he could hear the god of fate thundering a bolt of laughter, like Oikawa came out from a sitcom tv show, except this time—it was real.

"Looks like love is in the air, huh?"

Despite his teasing wink, Oikawa's soul felt crushed. He looks away and runs his fingers through his unruly chestnut hair, as if he was playing the stereotypical "high school bad boy" beneath his flustered nature. Playing it cool didn't seem to work though, not when he was disappointed to see you buying chocolate for a special somebody.

"It would be nice but it seems... He has someone else in his heart."

You paused for a little, eyeing the chocolate in his hands, "I'm not good enough for him."

"Are you kidding me? You're so beautiful, you could make the sun jealous of your smiles or even the way your eyes look at me, I could feel a rush of flowers in my veins—I'm sorry forget what—"

It was as though time had never existed. He found your lips brushed against his; two butterflies entwining each other's wings until sunlight had dripped onto their naked bodies. His arms slid around your waist and he pulled you closer. Oikawa could feel the presence of an angel in his arms, and somehow, Valentine's Day didn't seem lonely anymore.

"I like you, I've always did."