Septaquarks, unlike triquarks, were higher order cooperatives. There was a division of labor within a septaquark group, which negated the requirement for producing electrons to forage and shape energy on their behalf. This was an advantage in one sense, but sad in another. Without electrons, there was no variety. These magical machines allowed the formation of solids and liquids and scores of unique configurations. The elements. Aggregation of these elements was a natural outcome in their pursuit of energy, causing the emergence of everything from nebulae to quasars. And yes, emergent life and emergent consciousness.

Septaquarks, on the other hand, simply existed more or less, like sharks roaming the sea, an environment abundant in sustenance but devoid of fulfillment. Sala now knew what the rest of humanity only suspected - that universes were aplenty, but among nearly a dozen he had surveyed so far, none was as rich and diverse as his own. At times, he struggled with questions of morality. Humanity must truly be the crowning achievement of our universe. Am I disturbing the path toward perfection, or am I creating it? It was the kind of question he pondered, but only until certain impulses regained their hold and the answers were then guided sharply. Yes, I am the next step in the ultimate chain of emergence. How could it be otherwise? It was always this way. Sala would transition from thoughtful and troubled, to hardened and perfunctory. There was something seriously wrong with him.

Any doubts now cast aside, Sala maneuvered a single monolith toward the now nearly static researchers that had been chasing down the collapsing white hole. All at once, the monolith dissolved into a cloud of purposefully aimed cuboids. They swarmed over the human replicates, who were frozen and unaware of this sudden intrusion. But while those under attack were oblivious, their own replicates now watched, confused and growing more fearful each moment. They were too far away to do anything. The truth of what was happening, had not yet dawned on anyone. Sala was such an old story at this point, a myth according to some.

Lola was elsewhere, with some of those individuals on the white hole team. They were currently together on other expeditions. She immediately tuned into this new development, as did many. Something didn't add up. Unlike most people, Lola never kept fears of Sala far from her thoughts. He was always there, a nagging loose end that was destined to return. But she did not go there immediately, assuming this was a puzzling, new physical phenomenon. It wasn't until those with her started to vanish without a trace, that she was startled into the truth. Within a few minutes, the entire white hole research team was gone. A lot of information had been received and it was immediately clear that the white hole collapse had not been a natural event. There was no science to explain it, and the appearance of Sala could not be merely coincidence.

Minutes later, public venues were established throughout the universe. Anywhere where Lola was not, there was cooperation from other designated individuals that would channel this venue on behalf of Lola. It was a protocol established centuries earlier. An emergency public broadcasting system of sorts, that spanned the universe. This particular broadcast enjoyed nearly full attendance, as news of anything, whether trivial or life threatening, would spread across the cosmos in just seconds. This was clearly news of the life threatening kind. To the attendees, it appeared that they were in a relatively small place. It was fashioned to be intimate and academic, as to minimize distraction and focus people's attention on the subject matter. A traditional lecture hall. This was Lola's signature. But under the circumstances, people's attention to details faded, and there was only the question of, what do we do now?

"We are each of us at great risk. It's not clear what kind of beast Sala has created but you have all seen the recordings. The most striking thing to some of us, is the fact that his soldiers or whatever they are, seem to defy the laws of physics. They were unimpeded by the rarefaction. Time did not slow for them. So we are not sure what we are dealing with. But his intent is clear. Complete destruction, without mercy." Lola sensed very few questions. There was only intense listening going on at this point.