How Did You Meet?

"Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?"

Nene had just been making breakfast when her precious son had stopped watching his Saturday morning superhero cartoons to make a sudden inquiry.

After regaining her composure, Nene hummed in thought. "Why the sudden interest?"

"Because Ladybug and Chat Noir met when they became superheroes. You and daddy must've met in a super cool way too, right?

"Well, it was actually not that co—"

"Good morning, little wolf!" Amane stretched his arms as he strolled into the kitchen, picking Kyurei up and spinning him around before sitting him back down in his seat. The little tyke giggled in delight.

The amber eyed man approached his wife, slipping his arms around her waist and planting a peck on her cheek. "Good morning, my radish."

(Kyu may or may not have squealed an "ew" while covering his eyes)

Amane and Nene may have been married for six years already, but that never stopped Nene from blushing. "Good morning, Amane!" The young woman smiled brightly, cheeks warmly dusted pink. "I made your favorite."

"Ah, donuts!"

As Amane reached for the sweet treat, Kyurei's question came up again.

"How did you meet each other, mommy and daddy?" This time there was a pair of puppy eyes begging to know.

Amane's eyes lit up and the widest smile painted his face. "My, my, that's one of my favorite stories to tell," he chuckled mischievously.

"Amane, don't make up stuff that didn't happen!" Nene warned, knowing from experience that he loved to add many exaggerations.

"C'mon, darling, please? Some things were really boring." His voice seemed to pout. He was such a child at heart.

Going along with it, she feigned hurt. "Are they now?"

Amane looked at her lovingly. "Of course not, I just really like saying that I fought a mermaid for your love." He leaned in for a kiss, but the pair were interrupted when their little wolf of a child squealed.

"Enough mushy stuff, I want to hear the story!" Kyu demanded, having lost whatever his five-year-old patience was.

"But, my little wolf, our whole story is quite mushy..." Amane trailed off in a teasing manner.

Crossing his arms, the five-year-old frowned. "Just tell the story. Daddy always has good stories, even if they are a tiny bit mushy."

"Well Kyu, it all started in the girls bathroom..."

Yashiro Nene was lovesick. Or was it lonely? Either way, the way she felt right now had to do with a certain blond upperclassman.

While in the school courtyard for gardening club, Nene had run into Teru Minamoto who was being confessed to by a skinny-ankled, large-busted girl. And he had said yes. And they had kissed. And the poor, boy-crazed girl just stood there in shock. Surprisingly enough though, she wasn't too upset.

Aoi Akane, her best friend, comforted her as they wrapped up their club duties. "I'm sure you'll find someone better."

"Really Aoi-chan, I'm fine. I'm actually not that sad, which confuses me. But that doesn't mean I don't still want a boyfriend!" Nene pumped her fist in the air, determined as ever. "I'm girly and cute, a prince will surely fall in love with me soon enough!"

"That's the spirit!"

Nene went on. "I bet Minamoto-senpai has an ankle fetish anyway!"