6 - Cloud 9

Two chapters in a day! You must really love me now :D

_____________

"Carl?"

I asked as I approached him. He looked at me with surprise in his eyes but I pretended that I didn't see anything. I gave myself a moment to admire his look. He's wearing white V-neck tshirt that fits his body like it was made just for him and he paired it with dark pants. Damn, he's hot.

He scratched behind his neck. If he'll do it again, I swear I'm gonna check what was behind his neck. God knows, it could be an allergy or an acne.

Kidding. I know he's just nervous. Wait, do I make him nervous?

"Hey Kat!" He smiled at me.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" I asked feigning innocence. If he's not ready to tell me, I can wait. I've already waited for him for years, surely I can wait for him a little bit more. But I really want him to admit.

Come on. Tell me you're Superman. I won't bite. Unless you want me to of course.

God, my subconscious must be Anastasia's inner goddess' long lost sister.

"Uhm.. I was uhm.. just wondering if maybe I could give you a ride home?" He stutterred.

I open my mouth to respond and close it again because the power of speech seemed to abandon me. Did Carl really ask me to give me a ride home? Oh my God!

I'm so happy. I swear I'm happier than Pharrell Williams.

I must not grin. I must not grin. I really must not grin.

I grinned at him.

I'm such an idiot. I can't even play cool like it's nothing. Like I haven't been waiting for this for years. I bit the nail of my thumb just quickly and the smile on my face disappeared as I realized something. I brought my car earlier because I was getting late.

Why do this to me, fate?

"Sure."

I smiled at him.

Wait, what? Did I just agree? What about my car?

"Great. You didn't bring your car?"

Busted.

What now?

"Cheska!" I shouted at my best friend who's passing the hallway. Thank God! She waved at me and grinned sheepishly as she noticed Carl.

"Hi Kat! I had a meeting at the student council." She told me and faced Carl, "Hey!"

"I know that's why I waited for you. Here's the key to my car. Take care of it." I fetched the key in my bag and took the key to my house before giving her the key to my car. I smiled at her and give her the look that says, you're dead if you say no.

She seemed too shocked to respond. I think her jaw dropped to the floor. I swear if she won't act well or pretend that we have talked about this already, I'm gonna dump pull every strands of her hair one by one. God, I'm becoming violent.

"Ohhh!" She said as realization hit her, "Thanks Kat. But are you sure? How are you going home?"

"I'll give her a ride." Carl said and I smiled at Cheska.

Who can blame me for not turning Carl's offer? I must put the As I got in class to use, right? And that's why we have best friends. It's their responsibility to agree with our evil plans.

Then Carl continued talking to Cheska, "I thought I saw your car at the parking lot."

Uhmm.

Uhm.

Uhmm?

Am I busted for real now?

I can hear now the dragon in Meet the Robinsons saying, I wonder if this plan has been thought through. Master?

"Yeah." Cheska butt in. "It's not working. But don't worry about it. I already called someone to help me. You two can go now."

Oh God! I so love my best friend right now I could kiss her ass.

Well, not really. Eeww.

Carl bid goodbye to her and I hugged her and she whispered at me, "You owe me big time."

Once we entered the car, it was a bit awkward. Neither of us know what to say. I've been looking at the window that I swear I've already counted the trees that we were passing.

Oh look. Their fence is white.

Damn. Even the white fence interests me like it's not the most common thing in the world. I think I'm going crazy.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked me and I looked back at him and smiled. Thank God the silence was broken.

"Yes, I'm okay."

Then we were lost in our thoughts once again. Questions were still popping in my mind. Is he really Superman? Why won't he tell me now? Should I tell him that I saw him? But if he is really Superman, why hasn't he asked me out before when I think it's obvious that I like him? Why does he had to hide his identity?

After 5 more minutes, we arrived at my house. I got out of the car and he followed me. The lights in our kitchen is already on so mom must be already at home.

"Thanks Carl. It was sweet of you."

"You're welcome."

"Do you want to come in?" I asked him hoping he'll agree. I really want to spend more time with him. Maybe he'll tell me. To my disappointment, he said no because he has to go somewhere else. I smiled at him to cover my disappointment.

"Uhm Kat, can I ask you something?" He asked and looked at the ground in his feet.

"Sure." I answered instantly.

He looked at me directly in my eyes before saying,

"Will you go out on a date with me?"

______________________

So, I opened and I saw that my story has been #389 in Teenfiction. I know it's still too far but I'm just so happy because I just posted this story for more than a week! Thank you to everyone who took the time reading this.

I dedicate this chapter to @yewheart707 for making this banner for me. Thank you!

Random question:

What do you prefer for your first date, a date at the beach or a dinner and movie?

I'll be updating in two or three days :)

Love,
Anncinth 💋