1 -The First Letter

Give this a chance please. I won't give up on this story. :)
You Got Me by Colbie on the side...
____________________________________

I covered my ears with my pillow as my alarm does its annoying job. I groaned as I glanced at the time, it's only six in the morning. Why did I set it so early?

Oh yeah, I remember. I promised myself last night that I'll wake up early so I can still exercise today before going to school. I rolled my eyes before snoozing my alarm. That damn exercise can wait. I'll do it next time.

I opened my eyes slowly as the sun's rays went directly to my face from my window. I checked my time again with my eyes half open. It instantly opened wider when I saw the time. Oh my God! It's already 7:50am! I thought I just slept for five minutes more.

I quickly got up from my bed and went to my bathroom. Damn it, I'll be late. I have a class at 9:00. Today is the first day of class. I'm on my Fourth Year High School already. Yipee! High five for that.

At 8:25am, I'm already done. That's a record for me because I usually take 2 hours to prepare. 15 minutes of staying in bed, wondering to snooze the alarm or not. 1 hour of taking a bath. 20 minutes of choosing what to wear or most of the time looking for a certain dress that I want to wear but I couldn't find. 10 minutes for my hair and for a light make up - just face powder and lip tint to be exact. If I still have time after, that would be for breakfast.

I went to the kitchen to say goodbye to my mom. One direction's Best Song Ever is playing in the kitchen. I shook my head and smiled. My mom is a directioner.

"I'm going Mom." I told her as I kissed her cheek. At 37 years old, my mom is still beautiful. She has slender body and her short bob cut hair makes her look more appealing. And as you can tell, she's young at heart.

"Okay honey. By the way, have you heard one direction's new song? It's called Steal My Girl. I love it!" My mom said grinning.

"Not yet Mom. I'll check it later." I told her as I walked to the door.

"Enjoy school. Remember, YOLO!" Mom called out and I just rolled my eyes. I wonder where did she learn that stuffs. But anyhow, I couldn't complain. I have a cool mom.

***

I was walking to my closet when I saw a familiar face going my way. I beamed at her happily.

"Cheska!" I called my best friend and she hugged me tightly. Cheska has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. She's 1 inch shorter than me which makes her 5'7. Aside from our height, we look differently. She has defined cheekbones, skinny and she's blonde while I am a brunette with long wavy hair and I'm not skinny but I'm not fat either. It's more like Jennifer Lawrence's body.

"You can't believe what I've done this summer. I had a summer fling in Spain and we had se--" She told me excitedly and I immediately covered her mouth with my right hand. If I won't stop her, I'll be hearing their position and she'll be imitating the sounds the guy made.

"As much as I'm glad that you enjoyed, I don't want to hear how you enjoyed." I told her and rolled my eyes.

She just giggled.

I opened my closet and an envelope with a superman stamp in front fell on the floor. I picked it up, confused.

"What is that?"

"I don't know." I answered her while opening the envelope. Cheska leaned on my shoulder curiously looking at it.

Inside is a letter...

Katrisse,

For 3 years, I have always been fascinated by you. Your beauty, your smile, and your laughs everytime you walk in the hallway mesmerize me. 3 years of admiring you from afar. 3 years of wondering if someone like me deserves a chance at someone like you. 3 years of waiting for the right moment...

This summer, I haven't seen you and maybe that's what pushed me to write this letter. I don't want to regret not telling you what I feel before you left for College.

I like you.

And I guess telling you that is enough for now. Enjoy Senior Year!

P.S.
You Got Me - Colbie Caillat

You'll know me soon,
Superman

I smiled at the letter and I neatly put it back in the envelope before putting it in my bag.

"Wow. I never knew someone out there is still romantic. I mean come on, it's 2014."

Cheska told me while I get the things I needed in my locker for my first period and I agree with her.

"Do you think he dedicates this song to me?" I asked her.

"Of course, silly. What more could it be."

"I just wonder why he doesn't tell me his name."

Cheska gave that look that says are you stupid before saying, "Well maybe because you're Katrisse. The girl next door. Duh!"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. We belong to the popular group alright, what's the big deal? We're not really the popular bitches as described in most of the books I read. And no, we're not cheerleaders. But we have friends who are and let me tell you, they are not that bad.

I guess being popular has its disadvantages. You get mad, everyone knows your mad. You get jealous, everyone thinks you're possessive with your guy. Whereas if you're not that known, when you get mad, nobody cares. So I guess that's why we're being judged more often.

"Anyway whoever he is, he sure got my attention."

"Mine too." Cheska agreed as she headed to her class. "I'll see you at lunch!"

I nodded at her and I headed to the opposite direction. We're not on the same class on the first period and last period.

I quickly sat on the second row near the window. I keep on wondering who sent me. It's typed so we can't judge the penmanship. I leaned on my chair as I keep on thinking if I know him.

One thing is for sure, I intend to know you soon.

Whoever you are, Superman.

_____________________________________
Go on. Keep reading. Don't give up on me now :D you'll meet theband on the next chapter! :)

Comment and vote if you like.

Love,
-Anncinth 💋