Chapter 32

A.N: Sorry for the long break between updates.

Charlotte POV:

The boys have been trying to apologise to me all week but I had been ignoring them. I know they weren't happy I was annoyed at them, but they hadn't even tried to apologise to Snape once. I figured once they had done that and Snape had forgiven them I would move back into their rooms. Fabe, Gid and Frank didn't mind me being in their room as I was up before them anyways. I hung out with everyone like normal I just didn't acknowledge the boy's presence. I sat with the Slytherins and had even more respect from everyone at the table for actually yelling at Gryffindors for what they did to a Slytherin. Apparently, Dumbles charms were broken my magic because of how angry I was and they heard everything. I felt bad but then realised it was a good thing as it embarrassed them. Lily, was on good terms with Snape they definitely weren't as close as they had been. I was glad as I knew that this was the reason Snape was so harsh and turned to Voldemort before.

It was a week into October and everyone was starting to gossip about the Halloween ball. I was up in Dumbles office. Seen as it was Saturday he had organised for us to go and get the locket. He had just finished laying out the plan, so we left. On our way to Hogsmeade, we didn't speak both lost in our thoughts about what was about to happen.

Dumbledore apparated us to the island and we made our way to the cave. I cut my hand on the rock to open the cave wall. We got the boat out of the water and went onto the island. This was the sad part. We had in the future used a murderer to drink the potion but, we figured this time it would be harder to do that, so instead, we were using a house elf that was old and dying. We had asked if they wanted to do this and if not we would find someone else. The elf agreed as they were ready to die and knew this would kill them. Dumbledore called for the house-elf and we fed the elf the drink all while trying to sooth it a little. Once the elf had drunk the potion we let them go into the water before taking the locket and getting back in the boat. This time on the way back we were quiet for a different reason. Out of respect.

When we got back to school, both of us quickly walked to the room of requirement and we got the same room as before only we didn't go in the room. We didn't want the boys to see us disappear while we were on the map. Dumbledore quickly sent friendfyre in the room. When the room had stopped shaking we acccioed it to us and I left telling him I would write to Goblins to say all the Horcruxes were destroyed.

~~~

That night at dinner Dumbledore stood after the food was done. "I would like to announce that recently the four objects belonging to the founder have been retrieved. May I present, Helga Hufflepuff's cup, Rowena Ravenclaw Diadem, Salazar Slytherin's locket and Godric Gryffindor's sword. They will be showcased here in the great hall, for all to see. However, the sword may disappear from time to time as it appears to those who need it so I can't say it will always be there like the others," he said taking the notice me not charm of each as he named them. They were in a showcase along the wall on the Slytherin side. Everyone applauded. "You may go and look at them at any time. Apart from when the sword chooses they will never be removed from the case," he spoke. After that dinner was over. Some people went and tried to go look at them but I didn't as there were too many people and I had already seen them once. I went to Dumbledores office after dinner as he had sent me the signal again.

"Well, now that the Horcruxes are gone all we have to do is get rid of Tom himself," I said sitting down.

"Actually, that isn't why I called you up here," he interrupted. I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "Now, I know you are aware of the Halloween ball that is coming up. But I want you to decorate the hall for it. Also, I may have booked the weird sisters and need someone who isn't me to help them get set up and be in there during their soundcheck. You would be out of lessons for the day if that is okay with you," he finished.

"Of course I will on one condition," I replied. He nodded. "I get to get ready for the ball in your rooms," I stated.

"I believe that is a fair request," he nodded.

"If that was all I am going to go back to my common room," I said.

"That was all," he answered. I nodded and hugged him before leaving and going back to the common room. I had some homework to finish but decided it could wait and started to think of some ideas for the hall.

~~~

Classes had been borning and not much had happened, it was all new curriculum for them. I knew most of it from when I was either reading or training for the tournament of in general. But when it was a new topic I was interested and always caught on soon after. In potions, it was easier as I had managed to better relations between the Slytherine's and Gryffindor's so there weren't any flying ingredients. I sat until around quatre to eleven drawing up plans before I went to bed. I knew the next few weeks were going to be busy.