Chapter 28

When I and Dumbles got to his office I sat down in front of his desk while he went behind it.

"What was it you needed to discuss?" he asked.

"It is about Horcruxes," I say becoming serious, "Nagini the snake is no longer a problem as I know she isn't a Horcrux as I saw her in a pet shop and could tell. So the only Horcrux left is the locket and then it is just Tom."

"I see, you said that when we go for it in the future someone already took it how do you know they haven't already got it?" he questioned.

"Well, I figured out who took it. R.A.B. Is Regulus black and he doesn't even know of them yet. So the locket is still there. I think we should go for it as soon as possible. Then all we have to do is kill tom," I explain.

"Okay well, we can go soon. I will think of how to get is safely and then when I have figured out how I will tell you and we will go," he answered.

"Okay, well I need to get back to my common room," I said nodding. I got up gave him a quick hug and went to the common room. I was so grateful Dumbles gave the password to me or I would have been stuck. I walked in and went where everyone was sitting.

"So, are we bunking again?" I questioned the boys taking a seat on Gid's lap.

"Yeah. Seems you're stuck with us again, but you're more than welcome to share a bed with me if you want," Sirius said winking at me. I just flipped him off making the others laugh.

"What did you talk to Professor Dumbledore about? Lily asked.

"I asked him if I could work with Madame Pomfrey on the weekends to learn how to some more advanced healing than what I already know," I shrugged, we had talked about it on the way so it wasn't a lie.

"Ooh, look at my girl, being all smart," Fabe said winking.

"We both know I am definitely not your girl," I said staring at him pointedly making him smile and nod.

"Do you think I would be allowed?" Lily asked looking hopeful.

"Sorry, Lils you have to have basic training already. And besides your perfect do you really want to have to try and juggle NEWT's prefect duties and another subject," I questioned.

"True," she said smiling slightly.

"Also, well done Remus for being Prefect not that I thought Dumbles was stupid enough to give it to either of the other three," I continued on ignoring the three hey's, "However, I don't know if I could be considered for either as I am in the boy's dorm but am a girl," I said thoughtfully.

"Well, I doubt you will get a perfect role next year," Gid said.

"And why is that, Head Girl will most likely go to Lily so perfect is up for grabs," I asked him turning in his lap to face him. They really needed more chairs in here.

"Well, it could be considered favouritism," he shrugged. I nodded it did make sense.

"Anyway's I am going to go up and unpack," I said getting up. I bid goodnight to everyone that wasn't in my room. I went up and unpacked my trunk and all my clothes. I made sure that all the stuff that shows I come from the future were locked in my trunk. When the guys came up later I was in my natural form with my messy hair and was getting out the knots. I forgot they hadn't seen my natural form before so when they came in they were shocked.

"Char?" Remus questioned. I turned.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Why do you look different?" Peter asked bluntly. James and Remus smacked their head while Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Well, I am metamorphous this is my natural form. I just shorten my hair and make my chest smaller so that I don't get as many stares. I am only in my natural form now so that I can untangle my hair and the only way for it to go natural is to be in my natural form," I shrugged trying to get out a knot.

"It's so long," Remus said confused, "Why don't you cut it?" he asked.

"No!" James and Sirius yelled. "Never tell a witch to cut her hair. The longer her hair grows the more magic she has that is why purebloods keep their hair in those fancy ties. So they can keep it long but out of the way. The fact Charlotte's hair is nearly to her mid thighs shows she has a lot of magic," James explained still staring at me.

"Yep, but because of the no cutting rule and my curly a little wavy hair you can understand why I have a problem and usually change my hair," I said wincing when I pulled at my hair.

"Here, let me. Your hair is like Bella's. When we were little we all had to help her get leaves and stuff out of it before our parents could find anything. So I know what I am doing," Sirius sighed walking over to my bed and transforming a pillow into a chair for me. I looked at him curiously. "Come on let me help you," he said gesturing for me to take a seat. I shrug my shoulders and sit down.

"Question is this as weird for you guys as it is for me," I ask the others. They just nod. Sirius huffs. The guys shake out of it and start to do their own stuff while I sit there. I feel a few occasional tugs at my head but not that bad. "Hey, Remus. So what do you do if you have patrols for perfect on the full moon?" I ask.

"Well, I am supposed to be ill for that day so they get someone else to do it, but it does draw more attention to the fact I am always ill on that night," he replies.

"Well, how about I take over your shifts and pretend to look like you on those nights and we can say I have cramps as girls have periods the same time every month," I suggest. All the boys stop what they are doing.

"You could do that?" he asked.

"Yeah. Also, I don't come with you guys as you don't want me to. So I can do this and help and patch the guys up in the morning," I shrug.

"Thanks," Remus says smiling and gives me a quick hug. Sirius carries on doing my hair and about twenty minutes later he is done.

"There you go no knots," he said. I got up and went to the mirror.

"Wow, thanks Siri," I said smiling able to put a hand through my hair without my hand getting caught. To much.

"No problem, you had done most of it," he shrugged.

"Yeah, I do it once a week every morning instead of exercising," I shrug.

"Char I think you should leave your hair natural. I know it is hard to control but I am sure there are spells and you can tie it up," Sirius suggested hesitantly.

"Yeah, I think I might. I can put repellant spells on it and protection spells. If too gets too much I can always change the length back to my lower back," I replied nodding thoughtfully. After that, I say goodnight and go to bed. Unfortunately, the boys had remembered I had nightmares so made sure I didn't have charms up.

A.N: I know it is quite a bizarre chapter but bit of a filler.