Chapter Two

I crammed some fries into my mouth and washed it down with some Coke. I sat at a McDonalds booth, I hugged my knees to my chest. Every single time I blinked, a searing pain shot into my left eye. Stupid Tristan Cooper.

      "Shouldn't you be in school?" I heard a voice ask. I look up to see a woman cleaning a table. She was smiling at me.

      "Really? With a black eye?" I say.

      She shrugs, "Maybe not... with a black eye, I mean."

      I hated it. How absolute strangers thought that they could walk right up to you and start a conversation. It irked me. So, I didn't bother staying. I grabbed my things and went out the door.

~~~

     It was freezing. I was walking down the sidewalk when I saw a hobo laying on some newspapers. I glanced around until I saw a long stick. I picked it up, and I started poking the hobo.

          His eyes shot open, they were blood shot red.

         "Eh? What the heck? What are you doing, get away!" He yelled. He grabbed my stick and broke it in half, then threw it at me. So what if poking a homeless guy was on my 'bucket list'?

        I shrug and start a steady walk again, I wasn't even sure where I was going. Certainly not home, mom would chew me out. My sister would be right behind her. That's when I realized Tristan would try to make me miserable for the rest of my life, and I can't live with that.

A/N: SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN UPLOADING! I HAVE BEEN BUSY WITH SOME OF MY OTHER STORIES! I KNOW THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT BUT I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER WILL MAKE UP FOR IT :3 THANKS!