part 5

The sun is starting to rise as I open my eyes. I'm in panties and a tank. Damon is behind me, clearly shirtless and in boxers.

His hand is resting on my bare  stomach, so I move it carefully, and get up to try to recall the night before.

"Lay back down, Jamie," Damon mutters sleepily. "unless you want to tell me about your wrist, it Alex, and anything else you've lied about." His eyes open and he stares at me curiously.

"I havent lied, Damon. An accident caused my wrist injury, and I just wanted a hook up with Alex." I rise from the bed, and start pulling on my clothes as I turn to see Damon sitting up in the bed.

"So, you didnt get grabbed by a customer and injured," his eyes burn with anger. "Because one of my employees lives in a rough area and swore they saw you." He gets up to pull on a pair of sweatpants before continuing. "I suppose if they're lying, they should probably be fired."

I let out a long sigh. "Dammit Damon, it doesnt fucking matter!"

He stalks toward me, gently pushing me against a wall. "Dont ever say your safety doesnt matter! I--" he lowers the finger he has pointed at me as he pauses to think about the next words.

"You what, Damon?"

"I care about you. A lot. You and Ellie, but you especially."

His arms are on either side of my head, and I can clearly see just how fit he is. I reach over to grab a bicep and lower it. "I'm fine, Damon."

"You got lucky."

I walk away from him, gathering my stuff. "Im fine."

"Stop saying that! Why are you even working that stupid fucking job anyway?!? Therr are a million jobs in the city, I including at least 100 different positions working for me, and you pick one of the most dangerous ones. What the fuck, Jamie?"

"I like my job." My hand is on the door handle, and I'm ready to leave when he rushes over and shoves me hard against the door.

Damon's lips crash into mine, and instinctively my arms wrap around his neck. He lifts me onto him and assaults me with his mouth. "Stay. Work for me, Jamie."

I wiggle off of him, and remove my arms from his neck. "No." I open the door, and leave, leaving him on the other side.

Ellie walks through our door around 2pm, slamming it on the way in. I'm sitting on the couch, journaling, when I hear her voice booming. "How did you piss off Damon this time?"

I look up and she's dressed in her work clothes, hands on her hips with her purse laying in the entry way purposely discarded.

"Of course he talked to you." My words come out with more sass than intended, and I continue to scribble my weekend notes in my journal.

"Jamie, he fired me."

That got my attention and I jumped up from the couch and rushed over to her tear filled face.

"Why? He cant do that!"

She takes a deep breath, fighting back more tears. "He found me at the front desk, and said he needed to talk to me. He said he was worried about you, and would do anything to protect you. Then he apologized, and I knew what was coming. He said I'm temporarily fired until you come to your senses." Another deep breath. "What the fuck happened, Jamie?!?"

I cant believe Damon went as far as foring Ellie. I wasnt going to give in to his demands. "Let's go talk to him."

It didnt take long to find him. He was schmoozing with Alex, and a dew other businessmen in the lobby when we walked in.