5. Sorting out

A little early update :) Well I myself am surprised XD. Okay enjoy the update and do comment.

***

Throughout the way there was an awkward silence between us, neither he spoke a word nor I did. As he stopped the car, I got out of the car, banging his car door. I could feel his gaze on me but I just didn't care to look back at him.

I was angry, not because he called me a stubborn troublemaker but because he didn't even care to explain and he just went into conclusion that I wouldn't understand. Huff and he still wanted to marry me.

"Nandini we are going to meet our parents here... you know right?" He said as he came and stood beside me.

I breathed in and out, calming myself down. I wasn't someone who would overreact in such a small matter. I would either make sarcastic comments or just stay unaffected but strangely I was overreacting with him.

"Manik can we continue what we were talking about?" I said, calmly.

He let out a slow breath. "Okay. But first let's go in and greet our parents."

I nodded before we both walked inside. Our parents had been chatting over a cup of tea and snacks, probably about us, when we walked into his house. His house was big and spacious. I loved the interiors and especially the painting hung on the wall of the living room.

My eyes scanned through the painting and I just found it mesmerizing and eye catching.

"You liked the painting?" Manik's dad voice broke my trance and I tore my gaze from the painting to him. "Yea it's beautiful."

"Manik painted it." He said and I instantly looked at Manik who had been standing beside me. He looked at me and the corner of his lips silghtly curved into a smile.

"We were just talking about you." My mum said. "And we have even called the pandit ji today."

I was the one to get married and here my mum was excited instead of me. "Mum. Where's dad?" I asked.

"He'll be here soon." My mum smiled. "And why are you both standing? Come sit."

"No aunty. It's fine and actually I wanted to show my paintings to Nandini. So-"

"Yea yea you two may go."

I could see both our parents smiling. I shook my head lightly before following Manik upstairs to his room. When I entered his room I instantly liked it. There was a balcony attached to his room.

We moved towards the balcony. The balcony was spacious as well and there was a small bed placed in one of the corner with his painting pallets, paint brushes and paint pads all over the place.

There were small flower pots in each of the corner of the balcony and a small round table with two chairs on either side was placed right in the middle.

"You like to paint?"

"Yea it's my hobby." He said as he sat on the chair and indicated me to sit on the other chair and I did. We stared at each other for a moment before he spoke out. "Nandini I am sorry about what I said to you."

His apology sounded genuine. "Don't be sorry about that. I wasn't angry because of that. I was just angry with the fact that you just jumped into a conclusion without even caring to explain me."

"You weren't angry because I called you a stubborn troublemaker?"

"I hear that quite a lot. So that's nothing new for me." I said and shrugged.

He smiled slightly. "I just can't seem to understand you."

"I have always been this way. So don't mind me. Now care to explain."

"Nandini business isn't everything for me but then my mum always wanted me to be like my dad. And now when she is no more I want to fulfill at least that wish of hers. And for that I need to inherit the business."

"And why did you think I wouldn't understand this?" I asked. I could completely understand him.

"I always thought people would say I am being unreasonable and that I should chase my dreams."

"It's good if you chase your dreams. But life ain't a wish granting factory and things always don't go our ways." I said and sighed. "We might have to sacrifice our dreams and we might have to live for others but then that's how life is and it's okay."

"You really are different." He smiled.

"I ought to be. After all I am the one and only limited edition." I smiled back and he shook his head lightly.

"Self obssessed much."

"Nope...to be precise it's self love." I said as I withdrew my hand and he chuckled.

"So will you give me a chance?" He asked.

"Well to be honest I am really not sure-" I could see him sigh. I smiled before adding."but okay I might as well give it a try."

May be it wouldn't work out but seeing if it would be a great adventure.

****
Do drop your precious comments and votes.