It was showing her something.

It showed her the future.

The bitter taste of truth.

It showed her a dead end.

"I tried changing your future but it's forbidden."
Time said. Pinunasan lang ni Zia ang luhang tumulo sa mga mata niya at lumingo-lingo at hinawakan ang dibdib niya. "I am sorry, child." Malungkot na sabi nito pero tumingin lang si Zia sa kanya at ngumiti.

"N-No, it's fine. I-I'll be fine."
Her words were contrary to her feelings. She was just a girl. Zia cried and for the first time, Time embraced a mortal in her arms. She shushed her as she cried like a baby. She cried so hard.

Her heart was breaking.

"I-I'll fight. I can fight."
Sabi ni Zia habang pinupunasan na ang mga luha niya. Time looked at her for a very long time and wiped her tears. "What keeps you going like this?" Tanong nito sa kanya at ngumiti lang si Zia.

"My family. My team. The realm."
Sagot ni Zia. Time flashed a proud smile to her and brushed her cheek.

"You'll do great, child."

✥✥

"If you wake up, you can't even recognize any of them." Sabi ni Zia habang nakatingin siya sa salamin.

"That doesn't matter, right?"
Tanong nito pero lumingo-lingo lang si Zia. "I can recognize Blu's voice." Sagot nito. And just the mention of his name, Zia smiled. She was thinking deeply and she knew she was just talking to herself, not to someone else.

The poison was her and she was the poison.

"Blu.."
Mahina sambit ni Zia at tumingin sa salamin.

"It doesn't matter if they find me. I have an alternative." Sabi ni Zia at huminga ng malalim. "But I'll let you wake up the body then we can switch." Sabi ni Zia habang nakatingin sa salamin. Her reflection on the mirror also looked at her.

"Will you miss me when I'm gone?"
Tanong nito kaya mahina namang natawa si Zia.

"I hated you at first.. but yeah, I'll miss you."
Nakangiting sabi ni Zia at ngumiti naman ito sa kanya.

"But how can I miss you when both of us will die?" Tanong ni Zia rito. The reflection looked at her and gave her a smile. "I'll vanish, you'll live." Sabi nito at tsaka tiningnan ng maigi si Zia. Napabuga nalang ng hangin si Zia at tipid na ngumiti. "So, we'll go with the plan?" Tanong nito kay Zia at tumango lang siya bilang sagot at tsaka ngumiti.

"Let's play."

✥✥

Flashy suits, elegant dresses with plunging necklines and fitted waistlines. Fancy shoes and purse. Dangling jewelry, heavenly scent of a newly opened bottle of the finest perfume in the realm. The team was well dressed and ready for the party.

"Tsk! Ayoko na nga!"
Sigaw ni Atlas nung hinahabol parin siya ni Wilder ng pabango.

"We're going to a vampire party. At least try smelling like one, idiot!"
Inis na sabi ni Wilder sa kanya habang hinahabol siya. It was a perfume to get rid of his 'wolf' smell. Shinshi already sprayed the perfume on herself without hassle but Atlas has his pride to keep his scent.