"It's on my birth certificate, I just didn't think it was important for work files." I shrugged taking the pen and changing the name.

Kylie Dawn Voight

"Wait, your middle name is Dawn?" She asked leaning over slightly to read the name.

"Uhm yeah, why?" I asked confused, not looking up as I got to the part where I needed to sign, stopping and looking at it.

"No reason, now, are you gunna sign these papers or what?" She asked sounding impatient but failing to hide the tears glimmering in her eyes.

"Uh yeah, yeah." I nodded signing across the dotted line, before sliding the papers towards her.

"Give it a couple hours and it'll be official, I'll have it done as a priority." She smiled slightly looking over the papers. "Now get up there and catch a killer, go." She said shooing me away making me laugh slightly before walking over to the gate.

"Hey Trudy." I called just as the gate opened, looking back over my shoulder, watching as she lifted her head in response. "I love you." I smiled sadly, feeling like I'd somehow betrayed her by changing my name.

"I love you too Kyles, now go before you make me cry." She joked waving me away with a piece of paper making me laugh slightly.

Taking yet another deep breath I turned and walked up the stairs, being greeted by the refreshing sight of my old partner.

"What up Blondie?" I called loudly as I walked into the bullpen, everyone's attention being drawn to me.

"Well look who it is, how have you been Platt?" She grinned coming over and pulling me in for a hug.

"I've missed you so much, you have no idea how good it is to know that I don't have to put up with these guys stupidity on my own." I grinned pointing over my shoulder at Jay and Adam.

"Hey! I am very intelligent I'll have you know." Adam complained from his desk pointing his own at me.

"Yeah, yeah, settle down." I laughed grinning at him as he faked offence, putting his hand on his chest.

"You wound me Kylie, you really do." He sighed dramatically making everyone laugh just as Erin and Finn came from the break room.

"Voight wants us to take a look around the Riverwalk, that's where he thinks the guys getting his victims." Erin said putting her phone back in her pocket and grabbing her coat.

"Hey, uh, Rollins right," Adam started before I cut him off, already knowing where he was heading.

"Nope, she's mine, you can have Jay." I grinned hooking my arm around hers.

"You're really gunna make me go with him?" Jay asked with wide eyes laughing when Adam let out a 'hey' of offence.

"Bye babe!" I laughed waving as me and Rollins turned to leave intelligence hearing Adam's whining as we went.

*Jay's POV*

"Your girlfriends so mean to me man." Adam whined as we stood up grabbing our coats.

"She's not my girlfriend man." I shrugged walking down the stairs hearing her laughter echo through the lobby, smiling slightly at the sound.

"You've got it bad Jay." He nudged me while grinning. "You look the same as I did when me and Wendy first got together."

"I like her man." I shrugged just as we got outside, Kylie's car coming past just as we got to the lot, I couldn't help but chuckle as she gave me a wink and a wave as she spotted us.