my favourite piece

TW DEATH

Alphys was working silently in her lab when she was interrupted by a knocking on the door. She anxiously made her way to the door, opening it.

"S-Sans?"

"alph, we have to find a way to save him. please, i can't lose him. i love him," tears were in Sans' eyes as he pleaded. "i won't lose someone i love again."

"I-I'm sorry, Sans, th-there's no way to sa-save him," Alphys said softly. She could see the pain that her friend was in, and she wished she could save the boy that he loved, but she had researched everything she could and there was no way.

Anger flooded the skeleton, he just wanted to save [Y/N]. And if Alphys wouldn't help him, he would find a way to do it himself.

So for the next few days, Sans isolated himself in his room. [Y/N] would come by every once and a while, afraid to knock on the door. He didn't want to bother Sans, but he wanted to hang out with him more before he went away.

Meanwhile, in Sans' room, he was doing research and trying everything he could to find a cure for his love.

But he couldn't find anything.

One day, [Y/N] knocked. Sans hesitantly opened the door, not wanting to be interrupted but recognizing the soft knock of the boy he loved.

There was blood running from [Y/N]'s nose. He looked pale, weak.

"I think it's my time to go away, Sansy," the boy mumbled.

He coughed up blood, the red liquid dripping down his chin. He began to fall, Sans catching him.

Sans slowly lowered his boyfriend to the ground, teary-eyed and fighting back sobs.

He sat down, holding the boy in his lap.

The skeleton brushed some hair out of the boy's eyes.

"don't go, please, love, don't go..." Tears dripped onto [Y/N]'s cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry, Sans..."

"no, NO, don't you dare leave me, [y/n], i can't lose you!"

[Y/N] just smiled, weakly reaching his hand up and cupping Sans' cheek.

"Stay alive for me, okay? All," he coughed, "all of you have to stay alive and help each other..."

"I love you, Sansy.."

His hand fell, his eyes open and glazed over.

He wasn't breathing.

"no, NO, WAKE UP!" Sobs erupted from the skeleton's mouth.

"don't be dead.."

The weird thing about the humans death, however, is that he turned to dust.

Just like a monster.