Chapter 2 ~ Black cats

~~~~~~~Kuroo nii-san POV~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi Kenma, actually listen to me instead of being on your phone." I whined

"No. I don't want to." Kenma stated, bluntly. I looked at Kenma for a few seconds, and I ended up pulling my phone out. I looked through my notifications, mostly game promos, then my messages.  I found one from my mom and dad.
(A/n here! His mum just text like this so btw this is not email)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Kuroo,

                     Since you are getting older, and so are dad and I, we got the idea to adopt a child. To keep us company when you are off in college! When you come home, get ready to go to the adoption center.
                       Love, mom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at the text. And I was just plain confused.

'If mom and dad wanted to have company, why don't they just buy a frikin cat?' I thought. I turned to Kenma.

"Sorry dude, I gotta cancel for gaming tonight." I stated. Kenma gave me one of his 'do-I-look-like-a-joke-to-you?' Glares.

"Really, why? The reason better be good." Kenma grumbled.

"I gotta meet my parents at a adoption center, apparently they want to adopt a lil child."  I replied.

"So the next time I come over there will be a smol child?" Kenma questioned me. "I bet 500¥ there won't be." I smirked at the appealing offer.

"K, whatever suits you." I say, still with a smirk. We shook hands to validate, then parted ways.  I shot up to my bed room, poking through outfits, to settle on blue jeans with a white hoodie.  I grabbed my phone, wallet, and emergency cookie bag.

I opened the door, then whipped around to close and lock it. I trotted down the blue-painted steps of the patio, then made my way to the adoption center. (For children of course)

~~~~~~~Reader-Chan's POV~~~~~~~~~

After the events of 2 days ago, I have said nothing. The orphanage, or how I see it, the living hell, was not my favorite place.  I had to participate in social activities, like Simon says or tag. Ya know, that type of stuff.  I just told everyone that I didn't feel well. To be honest, I wasn't lying.

Instead of playing with the others, I played with the same volleyball for the past 2 days, throwing it up and down. Occasionally setting for myself against the wall,  I looked up and saw the relaxing baby-blue sky. With 4 crows soaring with the wind. (A/n here! Get my reference???? *happy author noises*)

All the other kids were abandoned or taken away at a very young age. Like around 1 or 2 years old. Some cases they are only 3-4 months or old.  Apparently the orphanage is all they know.

I was the only one abused. Nobody shared the same pain as I felt. It was only natural that I didn't start a conversation. They would probably push the social boundaries right away by asking if I wanted to be their friend.

'Jeez, they really couldn't get any louder.' I mentally state. As I fumbled with the ball, it slipped out of my hands, and rolled to the end of the mini-basketball court. I waddled over, then grabbed the ball. Then a shadow appeared. I was only to be met by a tall dude. He had medium-length black hair. It was spiky at the top, giving off a weird vibe. He looked kinda- no he DID look scary.