Life's Games

WINTERTIME'S NICE WHEN IT'S ICE AND SNOW. SUMMERTIME'S NICE WITH A *wink* PLACE TO GO. BEDTIME, OVER TIME, HALF TIME TOO: BUT THEY JUST CAN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO. . .

MY POSTING TIME!!!!!!!!! OH YEAAAHHHHH!!!! SUPER DUPER POSTING TIME!!

oh yeah also wanted to warn you there's a little bit of language ahead sorry :-0

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"EAT SHIT YOU BASTARDS!" She rained the special attack on all her enemies present. Like grenades the golden explosions took the attackers one by one, until there was only one left. The big man. Leprehcrasy.

Leprehcrasy, it's just you and me. Khauna declared, taking an offensive stance, weapons gleaming dangerously. She waited for a brief moment, but the grizzled leader of the leprechaun insurgents did not offer a response, which was unusual for the outspoken warrior.

She let out a fierce battle-cry. YEAAARRRG! She charged. For her kingdom. For her family. For all the brave soldiers who had lost their lives fighting the likes of Leprehcrasy and his evil followers. In seconds the golden dagger given to her by her brother was at his throat. But as she clung to his broad chest, deep purple mist started to cloud her vision. After blowing away in the wind, she was standing there confused in the middle of the grassy valley.

And Leprehcrasy was gone.

"ARRGH YOU STINKIN' SON OF A BITCH!" Sam furiously pressed a button on her controller to skip all the meaningless dialogue her character was currently saying to herself, pondering for way too long how in Lepraka could Leprehcrasy disappear. Again.

"Um, Sam?" She barely looked up from the screen while Danny stood awkwardly behind her, holding his rain jacket. "We're leaving. Having fun?" Sam made a foul face then punched the pause button with a finger.

"Stupid game. This is the third time Leprehcrasy has made a convenient escape and it's really starting to piss me off."

"Boy I bet that's frustrating. But maybe try to watch your language a little bit?" Danny gestured to the table. "Lily's right over there doing a puzzle." He glanced over to the table, and the Halloween puzzle sat there, already halfway pieced together, but Lily's chair was empty. He blinked in confusion. "Well, she was just there a minute ago." Sam smiled in embarrassment then shut the game off, chiding herself.

"Sorry." She grinned in earnest at her husband. "The Rainbow's End games are so addicting. And this Leprehcrasy is such a- ARGH!" She slammed the console into her hand and got up to put it away, but beforehand she playfully leapt into Danny's arms, looking deeply into his blue eyes. He seemed a little troubled, and Sam leaned back, staring at him contemplatively.

"What?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing. Just text me about later." She glanced briefly at Jackson, who was waiting by the door. "But we do need to take some time aside to catch up soon."

"Sure we will." Danny tried to sound encouraging, but the slightest bit of worry had crept into his voice. Sam rolled her eyes at him, and coyly kissed him on the lips one more time before finally letting him leave. Cold October air drifted into the house as he opened the door, and he and Jackson gave one last wave goodbye, and Sam slowly waved back, tugging on her short dark hair. She played with her hair for a minute more, gathering her thoughts.

They'd said that the ghost-fighting wouldn't get in the way of their lives, but now it seemed like the everyday bustle of work and school was getting in the way instead. Sam sighed, eyes half-closing with relief. At least she had the day off today. She ran her tongue across her teeth. What was doing again? Right. Lily.