"The love of my life"

Tom's P.O.V

Tom leant against his car, hands in his trouser pockets as he waited for Harrison to arrive at Tom's parents' house, that he was currently outside of. He looked up, taking a deep breath as Harrison's car drove down the street before parking on the pavement next to the house. The blonde boy got out, looking sceptically at Tom as he shut the car door.

"Alright then, which one of your brothers is sick?" Harrison asked as he walked to Tom.

"Don't worry, that's not why I asked you to join me." Tom reassured, standing up straight as Harrison reached him.

"Then why did you? You never ask me to your parents' house, unless it's a holiday or an emergency." He shrugged.

"You'll see when we get in." Tom nodded, only making Harrison more confused as they walked up the path and Tom rung the doorbell. After a moment, it opened to reveal Nicki.

"Tom, Harrison, how lovely to see you both." She smiled, leaning up to hug her son.

"Good to see you, mum." He returned as his mum hugged Harrison too.

"Well, you boys are looking very sharp." She chuckled, looking at their attires of black suits and white dress shirts.

"Yeah, we both just came from photoshoots. Is dad in? I want to talk to you guys." Tom nodded.

"Course, honey, you two wait in the living room, and I'll go and get him." She replied. Tom nodded again, Harrison following as they went into the living room.

"Mate, you're seriously starting to worry me. Is Y/N pregnant or something?" Harrison asked.

"Do you really think that she wouldn't be with me to tell my parents if she was pregnant? No, don't worry. All will become clear in a moment." Tom nodded as his parents walked in.

"Tom, good to see you, son." Dom smiled as he hugged him.

"And you, dad. Alright, I think that everyone should sit down, I have something to ask." Tom gulped. The other three adults looked worriedly at each other as they all slowly sat down.

"Harrison, do you know what's going on?" Nicki asked.

"Not a clue." He shook his head, looking at Tom. Tom gulped and nodded before sitting forward and resting his elbows on his knees.

"So, um, as you guys know, Y/N and I have been together for a year now, but we've had feelings for each other for a lot longer than that." He started.

"Of course, honey, both us and Y/N's parents saw you two ending up together from an early age." Nicki smiled. Tom returned it and nodded before looking timidly at his parents.

"That being said, I, um...I think that it's time that I have grandma's ring." He admitted. Nicki and Dom's eyes widened as they looked at each other.

"What? I'm confused, what does your grandma's ring have to do with Y/N?" Harrison asked.

"Harrison, when Tom's grandma died, she wrote in her will that as our oldest son, she wanted him to have her engagement ring, to use to propose to the girl that he wanted to marry when the time came." Nicki explained, tears pricking her eyes. Harrison's eyes widened, making Tom bite his lip and nod as the boys looked at each other.

"You...want to propose to her? You want to marry Y/N?" he asked.

"She's the love of my life, mate." He nodded. Harrison stared at him for a moment longer before a smile rapidly took over his face. He grabbed Tom and hugged him tightly, making Tom laugh as he returned the embrace.

"My boy is getting married! To my girl! Oh my god, this is incredible!" he laughed, letting go of Tom and patting him on the back.

"Thanks, mate." Tom chuckled before looking at his parents again, both of their eyes still wide.

"So? What do you think? Do you think that I should give grandma's ring to Y/N?" he gulped, nervously waiting for his parents' reactions.

"There is no one who is more perfect to give it to, Tom. Y/N is the one for you." His mum nodded. A smile spread onto Tom's lips, a laugh also escaping them as a tear left his eye.

"I'm going to propose to Y/N!" he exclaimed, laughing again as Harrison and his parents all hugged him tightly.

Y/N's P.O.V

I stood in the living room, dusting off surfaces and cleaning up slightly as music softly played from my phone. Suddenly, I heard the front door open, telling me that Tom was finally home.

"Hey, babe." He greeted as he walked in and shut the door.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded, a nervous smile on his lips as he walked towards me.

"Course." He chuckled as he took his dress jacket off.

"How was your parents' house?" I asked. He gulped, nodding as he tried to keep the smile on his face.

"It was good, yeah." He spoke timidly. I looked at him.

"You sure that you're okay, Tom? You seem nervous. Since when do you get nervous at a photoshoot and seeing your parents?" I chuckled. He shook his head as he walked to me and curled his arms around my waist.

"It's, erm, nothing." He spoke before noticing the music. He looked at me.

"You want to dance?" he smiled. I returned it and nodded, finally seeing the mystery nervousness disappear from his face.

"Yes, Tom Holland, I'd love to dance with you." I chuckled. He returned it, one arm staying around my waist as he took my right hand with his spare one, my other hand moving up to hold his shoulder. I let my eyes flutter shut, my body dissolving into Tom's touch as he gently swayed us to the sound of the music. A smile spread across my lips as I felt his lips press against the top of my head.

"I love you so much, you know that, right?" he mumbled into my hair.

"I love you too, Tommy." I whispered, using the nickname that was mine and mine alone. Suddenly, he froze slightly before pulling back, making me do the same as I looked at his face.

"You okay?" I asked. He looked at me, the nerves returning to his face as he gulped.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, but I can't wait to do this." He shook his head before letting me go completely and taking a step back. My eyes widened at the actions.

"Tom, you're starting to scare me." I gulped. He returned it and looked down as he put his hand into his pocket.

"The truth is, Y/N, I didn't visit my parents just to see them. I visited them to get something." He gulped, looking back at me as he pulled something out of his pocket. Before I knew what was happening, he got down on one knee, making my eyes widen. He raised his shaking hands and opened the velvet box, making me gasp as a stunning ring sat on the velvet.

"I-is that your...grandma's ring?" I gulped, raising my also shaking hand to put it over my mouth. Tom nodded and looked at me, tears brimming in his eyes.

"Yeah, it is. And you know that she wanted me to have it, you know that she wanted me to use it to propose to the girl that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. So, here we are." He laughed nervously, his eyes becoming increasingly glassy. I couldn't help but smile as well, my heart almost pounding through my chest.

"Y/N, I can't express in words just how much I love you. You are everything to me, you have been for the last twenty years. We've been through a lot together, but ultimately we've ended up together, and I wouldn't have it any other way. So, Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N," he spoke, tears now leaving both of our eyes.

"Will you marry me?"