"Why did I kiss back?"

Tom's eyes fluttered open, groans leaving his lips as his head pounded harshly. He opened his eyes fully, letting them blink in the morning sun that was streaming into the room. He tried to stretch out, but his eyebrows furrowed as he couldn't move his right arm. He looked down and smiled as Y/N was still asleep, her back to him as she used his arm as a pillow.

"Makes sense." Tom chuckled. His smile dipped as he remembered what had happened last night. Had Y/N really kissed him, or had that been a dream? He wasn't sure. He gulped, looking at her again and trying not to wake her as he gently eased his arm from underneath her. He leant down and gently placed a kiss on her cheek before standing up and leaving the room. He headed into the rest of his apartment, making Harrison look up at him from his phone as he walked into the kitchen.

"Morning, mate." Harrison nodded.

"Morning. How you feeling?" Tom yawned as he took a sip of Harrison's coffee.

"A little rough, but not too bad. Nothing compared to how Y/N will be feeling when she gets up." He sighed. Tom gulped and nodded.

"About Y/N, she did something last night." He mumbled. Harrison looked up at him.

"She try to escape through the bedroom window or something?" he teased.

"She kissed me." Tom admitted. Harrison's eyes widened.

"She what?" he scoffed.

"And I kissed back." Tom nodded.

"You what?" Harrison scoffed louder.

"I know, I know." Tom groaned, raising his hands to his head.

"Tell me exactly what happened." Harrison nodded. Tom sighed and returned the nod, rubbing his hands over his face as he leant forward on the island that Harrison was sat at, his elbows against the marble.

"So, you know what Y/N is like when she's drunk, she's even more stubborn than she is when sober. So when she refused to go to sleep unless I stayed with her, I agreed." Tom started, making Harrison nod.

"We were just lying in bed, looking at each other. Then she just leant in and kissed me. Just like that." He nodded.

"Damn. You've got to admire the balls on that girl." Harrison chuckled.

"And I did kiss back, and it got a little heated, but then it hit me that I wasn't sure if she was kissing me because she likes me like that, or because she was very drunk, not to mention that she was in no fit state to give consent." Tom sighed.

"What made you think that it was the latter?" Harrison asked. Tom sighed again and shook his head.

"I don't know, but something felt off about it, I can't explain it." He mumbled, making Harrison nod.

"You going to talk to her about it?" he asked. Tom sighed.

"I don't know. I mean, we've been best friends for twenty years, I don't want to risk throwing that away for the sake of a drunk kiss." He gulped.

"She also has the right to know that she kissed you." Harrison returned.

"I know-fuck, why did I kiss back?" Tom groaned, resting his head against his folded arms on the marble counter.

"Maybe because you're in love with her." Harrison mumbled, looking at his phone.

"Mate, shut up." Tom scoffed as he looked back up at his best friend.

"You're not denying it." Harrison chuckled. Tom rolled his eyes, not admitting defeat to his best friend as he headed back to the bedroom in which Y/N was still asleep.

Y/N's P.O.V

"You up, darling?" My eyes fluttered open as I heard Tom's voice. I looked up, giving him a small smile as he walked into the room.

"I am now." I mumbled, groaning as nausea swept over me and my head pounded. He gulped and nodded as he sat next to my body on the bed.

"How you feeling?" he asked.

"Like shit." I muttered, making him chuckle and nod.

"I'm not surprised. You drank a lot last night." He stated, reaching his hand out and gently tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Did I do anything else? Specifically embarrassing stuff?" I asked. Tom's eyes widened slightly, and he opened his mouth to speak, but then hesitated.

"Um...n-no. We left the club, brought you back here and then you were out like a light." He nodded.

"Thank god for that." I chuckled, Tom gulping and nodding at my statement.

"Listen, I've got to get to work, but Haz is in the kitchen and I just brewed some coffee, so perk yourself up when you're ready." He spoke as he stood up.

"Oh my god, I love you." I chuckled. Tom's eyes widened and he tensed slightly at my statement, but I shook it off as he quickly smiled and leant down to kiss my forehead.

"Uh-huh, same goes for you. See you at dinner." He replied, giving me one last smile before leaving the room.