Steamy dreams and late-night conversation

He pressed our lips together, me returning the kiss as I held his face. He smirked into the kiss and broke it briefly to pull his top off before kissing me again. I couldn't help but smile into it as he pushed me back so that I was lying on his bed, his body hovering over me. I closed my eyes and arched my back into his naked chest as he moved his lips down to my neck and bit gently at the skin.

"God, I love you." He mumbled into my neck. My eyes shot open as it wasn't Caleb's voice. I looked to the head that was buried in my neck and my eyes widened as I saw the familiar mop of hazel brown curls.

"What the fuck?" I gulped as I pushed him away from my neck, my eyes widening further as the boy on top of me was Tom, not Caleb.

"What's the matter, darling? You know that you want me." He smirked before joining our lips again. I returned it, entangling my fingers into his hazel curls and tugging gently, making him moan quietly as his lips moved to my neck again.

"But...what about Caleb?" I breathed, struggling to speak through the pleasure that I was feeling.

"What about him? You know that you love me, not him, you know that you think of me every time that you're with him." Tom smirked against my skin.

"T-this isn't right. I-I mean, sure, I want you, but I'm with Caleb, what we're doing is wrong." I gulped. Tom stopped kissing my neck and looked at me.

"Then why are you with him?" he scoffed quietly, shaking his head. I sighed and looked down.

"To try and get over you." I admitted quietly.

"When will you learn that you'll always want me and that that want will stand in the way of any relationship you may have? You want me, and only me. Don't you, darling?" Tom smirked, gently lifting my chin with his index finger and making me look into his stunning doe eyes.

"Yes, Tom." I whispered. He smirked and joined our lips again, pushing me back down onto the bed and positioning his body in between my legs as he deepened the kiss.

"Jesus." I gasped as my eyes shot open and I jolted up into a sitting position. I sighed, my skin slightly sweaty and my heart pounding through my chest as I came out of the admittedly steamy dream. One that I wished hadn't been a dream. I gulped and looked at the time. 1:15 am. I sighed, knowing that I wouldn't get back to sleep now. Unless, of course, I was in his arms. I sighed again as I stood up and put one of Tom's dress-shirts on over my underwear, the material just long enough to cover my panties. I opened the bedroom door and padded along the hall to the room that Tom was staying in, my heart still beating a million miles a minute at the dream. I gulped as I timidly knocked my fist against the bedroom door.

"Hmm?" I heard him hum. I opened the door and slipped in, making him look up from his phone. His eyes widened slightly, and he skimmed his eyes up and down my attire as I shut the door.

"H-hey, darling. You okay?" he asked, sitting up against the headboard and making the sheets fall around his waist, leaving his naked chest exposed.

"I, erm, had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you tonight?" I gulped.

"Yeah, course." He nodded as he put his phone onto the bedside table and shuffled along slightly in the double bed. I gave him a small smile and peeled the covers back, climbing in next to him. I curled into his side and rested my head on his chest, smiling to myself as his arm curled around my waist.

"You want to talk about what the dream was about?" he mumbled, gently kissing my head.

"Um...no. Can't really remember it anyway." I lied, not exactly in the mood to tell my best friend that I'd practically had a wet dream about him.

"What about you? You've got that interview tomorrow morning, why aren't you asleep?" I asked, looking up at him. He shrugged and subtly looked at my lips.

"I sleep better with someone next to me, so since Hannah left, I've not slept too well." He admitted.

"Well, maybe we can make a habit out of sleeping together." I mumbled, gently tracing patterns on his torso with my fingers.

"I'd like that." He admitted, giving me a small smile. I returned it, continuing to trace over his abs as I thought.

"Do you miss her?" I asked suddenly. Tom looked down at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" he scoffed.

"Do you miss her? Do you miss Hannah?" I asked. Tom sighed, clearly thinking as he rested his head back against the pillows and looked up at the ceiling.

"Honestly, not really, no." he admitted, shaking his head. My eyes widened at his response and I sat up slightly, making Tom look at me as I rested my hand on his chest.

"What? I thought that she was the love of your life." I gulped. Tom returned it and squeezed his eyes shut, pinching the bridge of his nose before looking at me.

"I-it's kind of hard to explain. I don't miss her because I didn't realise something until after we broke up." He shook his head. I looked at him.

"What did you realise?" I asked. He sighed and looked at me, making me gulp.

"Every time that I was with her, and I mean every time, I was thinking about someone else." He admitted, looking straight into my eyes. I gulped and looked down, trying to hide my blush and only just becoming completely aware that Tom's hand was still rested on my lower back, his pinkie finger gently moving against my skin through the shirt.

"W-who were you thinking about?" I asked, my heart thumping through my chest as I was afraid of what the answer would be. Tom gulped, finally tearing his eyes away from me and back to the ceiling.

"That, um...that doesn't matter." He mumbled. I sighed, my heart dropping as I lay back down on Tom's chest, his arm curling over my waist again.

"Do you think about someone else when you're with Caleb?" he asked quietly. I gulped, closing my eyes and letting a tear roll down my cheek.

"Yes." I admitted. I felt Tom's breath hitch and his heart speed up slightly, but I took little notice of it as I felt sleep start to take over.

"Goodnight, Tom." I whispered, letting my body sink further into Tom's grasp as I started to drift off.

"Goodnight, darling." He returned, gently kissing my head as I slowly fell asleep.