"Leave him alone," you swallowed hard, hoping the fear wasn't noticeable in your voice.

"What's this?" the tall figure grinned, "You want to take on Stain, the hero killer, little girl?"

Stain. Just your luck. Why did you think you could go on a normal date without repercussions. Shinso still had his hands over the hero's wound, so you stood and blocked them from Stain's vision. Your hands were shaking, but you clenched them into fists. Shinso gave you a little energy to work with, but...

Neither of you was a licensed hero.

If you fought with the hero killer, you would be in huge trouble. But that was better than death, right?

"Just stay back," you glared, "You did enough. Reinforcements are on their way."

"I have a job to do, sweetheart," Stain's voice chilled you to the bone, "I will cleanse our society of every false hero. The disgusting display of hypocrisy will end..."

He's a maniac. You assessed the situation. There would be no convincing him to go against his own beliefs. He wasn't rational enough to negotiate with. Your only hope would be for the heroes to show up, right now, or maybe Shinso being able to mind control him.

By law, you couldn't use your strength to fight, but you could use it to escape.

"Shinso, get ready to run," you whispered.

You spun around, and quickly pulled the dying man off the ground and over your shoulder. Your strength would last, hopefully long enough so that you could be seen by someone. "Run!" you urged.

Together, you booked it down the street. You couldn't give the hero the luxury of a smooth trip, but it was the best you could do. He only weighed you down slightly, and your muscles were still sore from earlier, but that was the least of your worries now.

Stain appeared from above and swung one of his blades at Shinso.

"Hitoshi!" you screamed, but it didn't appear to be a fatal cut. In fact, that's all it was, was a thin cut along his bicep.

"The hell..!" Shinso covered his arm, before suddenly collapsing to the ground. What happened to him? Your heart sank, hoping he hadn't been poisoned. You couldn't help both him and the hero get to safety while fighting Stain off.

You just weren't good enough, yet...

"What did you do to him!" you demanded. You nearly gagged when you saw Stain use an extremely long and cruel-looking tongue to clean his blade with. He grinned, "He'll be fine, just a little paralyzed. You're next, buttercup."

Shinso's face was strained but nothing else moved, not even his fingertips, "Get out of here, (Y/N)!"

You set the hero down next to Shinso, just as Stain sent a small blade flying at you. You dodged it with ease, but if this was the game he was going to play, you had to get some space between you and the two immobilized men. They'd get hurt in the line of fire.

"You're quick, kinda strong too," Stain muttered, "What are you, kid?"

"Someone who's going to stop you," you glowered, "You won't touch them again!"

"Is that right?" he smiled, "Sounds like a newbie hero in training... I applaud your efforts, but," his red eyes glowed, "I have a job to do."

He came at you, but you could sense he was holding back. You'd never seen him fight before, but considering his size, he should've delivered heavier blows. You blocked one of his arms, coming down to slice you with his sword. With his other hand, he had another small knife that he used to graze your leg.

You hitched a scream and noticed him going to lick your blood from the knife. Instinct took over and kicked the blade away from his grasp. With a now free hand, he grabbed a handful of your hair and yanked you into his chest. He held his sword up to your neck, forcing you to quit struggling.

"(Y/N)!" Shinso shouted.

"It's not your fault," he muttered into your ear, "You're just outmatched. One day you might be ready for me..." You felt the tip of the blade glide carefully, causing a stinging pain, but only opening the flesh an inch, "But not today."

His rough tongue trailed over your neck. You hated it, knowing he was tasting your blood. Hot tears of frustration wet your eyes, just before you felt your body lose all sense of control. It was similar to Shinso's ability, except more disturbing. You turned into a vegetable, but could still hear and feel everything around you.

Stain lowered you to the ground, "I'm glad to see some of the newbies are being raised correctly, unlike your pompous role models..."

He stepped over you and you cried, helplessly. Now, he was going to finish off the hero, and you couldn't do anything about it. You weren't a hero after all...

"Why are you doing this?" Shinso suddenly asked. Your heart stopped. Did you guys still have a chance?

"Because the false heroes must-" Stain went silent. You couldn't see anything but above you, but you didn't dare interrupt Shinso.

"Release us," Shinso said.

It felt like your body had been tied together with invisible tiny ropes, and they sprung free as soon as Shinso spoke. You scrambled to your feet to see the hero killer himself looking blankly at your friend.

"We're going to stay like this until help arrives," Shinso's eyes narrowed, "You will comply."

You gazed at your friend with such pride. Your tears turned happy as you witnessed Shinso performing his first real heroic duties - an experience not many students could receive. He had to make it into the hero class now!

The sirens from earlier came whizzing around the corner. You hurried to Shinso's side and held onto his arm.

"Kids!" a male's voice came from behind them. Another hero, you recognized Manuel. And just behind him was The Best Jeanist. Your inner fan-girl wanted to squeal, but you knew you weren't out of the woods yet.

Jeanist used his quirk to tie tiny strands from clothing around your waists and pulled all three of you out of harm's reach. You were now surrounded by cop cars and an ambulance, and far from the hero killer. When Jeanist used his quirk on the villain next, it shook him free of Shinso's control.

"Are you alright?" Manual asked, kneeling in front of you.

"We're fine, but that hero is badly wounded," you instructed. Manual nodded and ran to the ambulance to help them out. You were nervous again, knowing Stain was free. Shinso pulled you close, protecting you with his arms.

Would he still come for his kill? Was he that determined?

Stain roared in anger, breaking himself free of the Jeanists trap. He glared at all of you. You didn't think he would try to take on two pro heroes and a police force, but he did. He charged. A small blade slid into his free palm. Everything went into slow motion. Unbeknownst to everyone else, he had a clear shot.

Your scream was heard even before the knife went through the neck of the injured hero you saved...