Nineteen

My eyes fluttered open. I hadn't had the best night sleep but we were leaving today anyway. I turned over and look at that, jack wasn't there. I threw the covers off me and walked to my bag. There was only the slightest pain now so it was good that I could barely feel it.

I slid on a white t-shirt over my head with grey leggings. I had a shower last night as I knew it would make my muscles relax.

I walked into the bathroom to brush my hair. Nothing was here. My brush, toothbrush, makeup, it was all gone. "I packed for you," Jack's voice beamed from the bedroom.

I jumped slightly before huffing a sigh of relief that it wasn't a stranger. I walked to the door and saw him sitting on the end of the bed, smiling at me. I arched my eyebrows in confusion. I could've sworn that he wasn't here 30 seconds ago. I asked, "Where did you- how did you- please explain."

"Explain what?" He chuckled. He was acting so oblivious to the whole situation. He wasn't there 30 seconds ago and all of a sudden, he's sitting on the bed pretending like he wasn't gone.

I, on the other hand, was irritated. For once I just want to know what it's like to wake up and have someone there. I've never woke up with someone's arms around me and it was the physical contact I badly missed. "What? How can you pretend to be so oblivious to this situation here," I said loudly, "Every time that I wake up, you're not here. I don't know where you go or what you do and I don't usually ask you about the details as I'm hoping that you'll tell me yourself."

"I sleep walk," he shrugged.

Those words aggravated me more than they should've. I yelled, "Sleep walk? Jack, really? So the other night, did you just sleep walk to the reception to have a smoke and then move when the receptionist asked you to?" He nodded. "You know what? Fuck this. I don't need to be worried about someone who doesn't give a shit."

"Don't say that I don't give a shit about you," he yelled as he stood up, "Because I do, Rachel. I do give a shit. Just because I'm not open about where I go at night, doesn't mean I don't care."

"Oh so you think that I don't worry about you?" I retorted.

"I know you do and I'm sorry. I'm just not an open person," he yelled.

I walked over and grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder. I grabbed my phone and shoved it in my pocket. I walked to the door as I yelled, "Jack, you don't have to be open to say where you're going at night. I trust you but it's quite obvious that the trust isn't returned."

He ran up to me as I opened the door. "Don't go. We don't need to leave for another hour," he took my arm in his hands as his expression softened together with his voice.

"I don't care. I just want to be anywhere that's far from you," I pushed his chest, causing him to let go of me. I walked out and slammed the door behind me.

I couldn't believe him. Sleep walking; did he really think I would fall for that. I grabbed my hairbrush out my bag and quickly brushed my hair out before putting the brush back into my bag and zipping it shut. I slung the bag onto my shoulders and made my way down the creaky stairs.

As I was passing Calum's room, I heard glass smashing. I hesitated before knocking on the door.

The door swung open. Michael stood there. His face had 'fury' written all over it. He scowled, "what?"

"Jeez Michael," I muttered, "What is going on it there?"

"Michael is being a dick," I heard an angry yell from Calum.

Michael turned around, facing into the room. He yelled, "I'm the dick? You're the dick. You just can't leave my life and the people in it alone."

"Oh please. She wanted it too," Calum said.

Michael stormed into the room. I dropped my bag at the door and followed him. His fist balled up and his arm swung back. He was ready to hit Calum who was standing in front of him when I grabbed his fist. I screamed, "stop it." He put his hands my his sides as they both looked at me. "Both of you."

It was hard to look at Calum's face because, let's face it; shirtless Calum. Who can look at his face when he's shirtless. I calmed down and said, "Michael, what happened?"

"Calum pulled my girl," he snapped, "He knew that things between me and Brianna were good but no.... He had to pull her and mess everything up."

I turned to Calum and nodded for him to talk. He sighed, "Most of that is true and I'll admit that. Michael, you have to believe me on this one. She pulled me."

I sighed and said, "both of you need to grow up. She's a girl. There's plenty of other girls. Stop fighting."

I walked out, not wanting to hear any more bickering today.