CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Mike was pacing around with his walkie-talkie, desperately calling for the 'Scoops Troop'

"You're gonna kill him, aren't you?" Max asks Nancy who was taking a gun off of one of the deceased Russians.

My heart breaks when I hear the words that came out of her mouth.

"This is just a precaution, okay?" Nancy assures the ginger.

"And not just against Billy," Will pipes up, "If he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer."

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" Nancy says jokingly, referring to the tipped over car that El had thrown earlier.

"You two mentioned that the ignition cable wasn't in your car, right?" I question Nancy and Jonathan, and they nod in response, "Well, then, we don't need that car to drive."

Jonathan points to me, catching on, "We just need the ignition cable."

Nancy orders everyone to the car, all of us straining to try to move the show-case car that sat vertically against some counters. Although, I felt like I wasn't making much of a difference. Jonathan let the hunk of metal fall back down onto the counter, all of us catching our breath as El speaks up, "Let me try."

"El..." Mike trails, panting.

Eleven steps up, "I can do it."

We all move out from behind the car, standing a short distance away from Eleven as she tries to move the car over with her powers. But, the metal piece of junk fails to move, and Eleven lets out a frustrated yelp.

|

We all acquired metal rods, and they worked much better to move the car. I was kneeling down on the counter, and I could feel the shattered glass pressing into my leg, but at this moment I could care less.

The car tilted and squeaked, rocking onto its side.

"All right, great. All right, now, all the way. Ready?" Jonathan ordered, and we all set the rods against the car, "Three, two, one, push!"

We groaned, pushing the car forward until it dropped, facing the right way up.

"Told you," Mike breathes out, "Physics."

We all make our way off the counter, and I help Nancy and Jonathan get the ignition cable. I duck my head under the wheel, searching for the latch Jonathan told me would open the hood.

"Do you see it?" Jonathan asks.

"Yeah, hold on." I stick my fingers under the wheel, searching around for the latch until my fingers brush over it, "Found it."

Jonathan pops open the hood, the couple searching for the cable that was our ticket to getting out of here.

"Do you see it?" Nancy asks her boyfriend.