CHAPTER TWELVE

I was draped across the couch, my eyes barely open as I lay there

I was draped across the couch, my eyes barely open as I lay there. I wanted to speak up, tell them to get El the hell out of there, but my mouth couldn't form words. I couldn't do anything. Jonathan and Lucas had to pick me up and place me on the couch moments before.

Nancy places a blood bag on the table, sighing and sitting down near my legs, rubbing my back. That's when El started to scream in her spot, yelling, "No! No!" before ripping off her blindfold and going straight into Mike's arms, crying until she could no longer breathe.

|

I had rested for a good hour and I was now sitting up.

"Em, do you want that blood bag?" Nancy asks from where she was getting El water in the kitchen, pointing to the table in front of me that the bag was placed on.

I shake my head, "Can I have some water, please?"

Nancy looked shocked by my choice but nods, grabbing another glass.

I rub my arms, trying to get rid of the goosebumps that had rose all over my body. That's when I noticed the scratches and dry blood on my arm. Why hadn't it healed? And I'm not craving blood? Holy shit. He took my powers, "He took them."

"What?" Jonathan asks, everyone's heads snapping to me, "He took who?"

"M-My magic," I tremble, "He sucked my vampire magic out of me like a fucking vacuum cleaner!"

El's eyes turned into saucers, "You are not a vampire anymore?"

I shake my head glumly, "Which means I-I can't help. I'm just a nuisance."

"Hey," Nancy gives El her glass and puts mine on the table, taking a seat next to me, "You are not a nuisance. You're my best friend, okay? Everybody here loves you, and we're going to be here for you. But first, we need to kick some flayed ass."

I give her a smile, tears staining my cheeks, "I love you guys." I pull Nancy into a hug before we all hop into discussion.

"He said he was building something," El informs us, even though I already knew, since he told me too, "That it was all for me."

"Building something?" Max repeats, "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be." Nancy sighs.

"So, he's building an army, just like he thought." Lucas paces.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike starts.

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will finishes.

"Then why did he take Emmie's vampirism, if his army is already being built?" Jonathan asks.

"More power, I guess." I shrug, sipping my water.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike jumps in.

"Like, royally." Lucas adds.