CHAPTER FOUR

I rush out the doors, instantly bumping into a pair of teens, "Oh, shit I'm sor-" I stop, realizing its Max and Eleven, "Hey you two

I rush out the doors, instantly bumping into a pair of teens, "Oh, shit I'm sor-" I stop, realizing its Max and Eleven, "Hey you two."

The two smile, Max speaks up, "Hey, Em."

"El, are you even allowed to be here?" I raise my brow.

Eleven smiles innocently, "Please don't tell."

I smirk, "Snitches get stitches."

"So, wanna come hangout with us?" Max asks, "Please? It'll be so much fun."

I look at her hesitantly before she pulls on my arm, dragging me inside, El following behind us, "Sorry, but I'm not taking no for an answer."

|

The two girls finally finish their fashion show and I laugh, picking up my shopping bag as they checkout, soon all of us walk side-by-side out the doors.

|

We went all around the mall, taking pictures, mostly, buying clothes and just hanging around goofing off.

"What's next?" Max asks El and I, a grin spreading across her face. She didn't get to do this often-or maybe ever-when she moved to Hawkins. She didn't have any girlfriends to spend the day with at the mall or have sleepovers with, it was just Lucas, Mike, Will, and Dustin. And from what Steve told me about that horrible November night last year, her and El did not start off to great.

"Follow me." El answered, walking up to the second floor of the mall.

Max and I shared a look before hurrying after her. She motioned for us to peek our heads around a wide pillar, and we did.

El on the bottom, Max in the middle, and me on the top. We watched four snobby-looking girls talk with a guy, they were all from earlier-Max, El, and I were trying on high-heels and El fell, the girls had given us dirty looks. The clan of girls all held a orange julius cup in their hands.

But, soon, one of the drinks erupted out of the cup and onto the girls, all of them letting out loud screeches.

Our trio burst out laughing, sprinting away from the scene as quick as we could.

|

We arrived at Scoops Ahoy and I opened my mouth as soon as we approached the doorway, "Uh, I don't think I should go in there." Not after the stunt I pulled by storming out of the shop without any explanation or goodbye.

"Oh, please. You're coming." Max immediately shuts me down, her and El easily dragging me to the counter.

"Sup, Steve." Max greets, "I'll have a strawberry please."

El begins to look at the menu, Steve immediately looking to me, "Em, what happened? Why'd you leave earlier?"

"Can I have a vanilla? With whip cream?" El cuts in, "Extra whip cream."