4 | ballet

CHAPTER IV.

( ballet. )

Sabito has a sister. 

This is how the disaster starts. 

(And no, it's not really a disaster, that's just Sabito being his usual over-dramatic self.)

Sabito's sister, Makomo, likes watching ballets. She loves seeing the shows, and she keeps saying that she will play someday for one. 

(Makomo plays the clarinet like no one else, and she's determined—Sabito just assumes she's going to do it once she's older and moves on.)

They live in a fairly small city, so it isn't a surprise that most of the ballet shows Makomo likes so much aren't represented in their stages. Sakonji, their father, is the one who always goes with her to the larger city, which is about fifty kilometres from theirs. 

But Sakonji can't, not with a meeting at his work that starts at the same time the show does—and so, he asks Sabito to do it.

Sabito says yes because he loves his sister and watching about two hours of ballet can't be that bad. He doesn't have an idea of the terrifying events that are going to lead to his demise yet, so he's relaxed and doesn't worry too much about it. 

(That's, of course, Sabito's usual over-dramatic self. Nothing terrifying happens, nor does his demise.)

"Are you ready?" He asks Makomo a few hours later.

"I am!" She exclaims from the living room, and runs to the entrance where Sabito is waiting, ready to to go—almost jumping, too. 

Sabito ruffles her hair, unable to stop himself, and they both get on their father's car. Sabito, thankfully, has a driving license, so there's absolutely nothing illegal going on. 

(Note how suspicious that was? Yes? Then don't.)

They arrive with time to eat before the ballet show starts and decide to go for a typical McDonald's meal, quick and cheap. 

Sabito prefers japanese food, but Makomo looks pretty happy with her fries so he keeps his mouth shut and teases her about going fat.

After eating, it's almost time for the show to begin, and Makomo's eyes light up at the sight of the theatre the ballet company is performing in. 

It's beautiful, Sabito has to admit, inside and outside, and that's something he can certainly appreciate. 

(What Sabito doesn't know yet is that by the end of the night he's going to be too mesmerized by the main dancer of the ballet to be paying any attention to the theatre's sculptures.)