3 | rock band

ONE SHOT III.

( rock band. )

At fifteen, when Sabito had come to him with that certain seriousness on his face —the kind of seriousness he only wore when he had an idea stuck inside his brain and wouldn't let anything nor anyone get in the way of fulfilling it— he'd resigned himself to follow his best friend's lead and get carried on whatever it was that he wanted to do. 

It had been like that when Sabito had told him he wanted to try kendo, and that of course, you're coming with me, right, and it had been like that when Sabito had told him he wanted to be a part of the student council, and that we'll do great there, and it had been like that when Sabito had told him he wanted to learn sign language and flower arrangements and—

Well, you get the idea. 

And so they had formed a rock band along with Makomo, a girl from the wind instruments club Sabito had convinced to play the drums.

(Not that it required much convincing, with how enthusiastic about it the girl seemed.)

Sabito had, somehow, learnt how to play the electric guitar and how to sing —because yeah, he had a pretty voice, but apparently that wasn't enough— and roped Giyuu into learning how to play the bass. Which worked really well, apparently, because it didn't demand attention like the guitar or the vocals, nor did it have the loudness of the drums. 

Then they had gotten more involved in music and went from playing on their school's cultural festival to playing on their city's festivals, and started to write their own songs, and—

And now they were famous. 

Somehow. 

Don't ask Giyuu. It's a nightmare, and he wants out.

He enjoys music, enjoys playing, enjoys the friendship he and Makomo struck and loves how Sabito looks under the lights, but the spotlight is sometimes too much for him, what with his inability to communicate with other people that aren't the ever-so-cheerful Makomo or his best friend Sabito.

(Who he's also head over heels for, but whatever.)

"Mh? What's this?" Asks Makomo on one of their reunions, holding on her hand a notebook Giyuu could have sworn he'd burnt. "These are good! Are they yours, Giyuu?"

Those are—

Sabito looks over her shoulder, reading some of the content. His eyes widen, and Giyuu is ready to throw himself out of the window to avoid the following situation.