Tobio's First Day Back

Start from the beginning

Inside of the entrance hallway, Astro stood at the billboards with Abercrombie just as you lot had arrived onto the scene, absolutely exhausted. You collapsed onto your knees and breathed in heavily whilst the others mimicked your actions. Astro and Abercrombie looked down at the five of you and raised their eyebrows at you.

"Are you guys alright?" The larger boy asked just as Ajeero collapsed to the ground, completely drained of his stamina. Reno sucked in a huge gulp of air and sat up.

"L-late...school...classes...!" He wheezed. Astro and Abercrombie shared a look. The two then bursted into a fit of laughter, making you frown.

"W-what's...*pant* so *pant* funny?" You breathed out and clutched your stomach as you struggled to regain your breath. Astro wiped his tears of laughter away and calmed himself. He then looked down at you with a cheerful smile.

"Guys, us seniors have the morning off. They're introducing the first years to the school." Astro stated. Everyone looked up at him with wide eyes. They then collapsed onto the ground and let out sighs of relief.

"Man, I ran here for nothing." Tobio mumbled. Realisation then hit him and he shot up. "Wait I'm a first year! Gah gotta go guys!" He cried and shot to his feet. He then ran out of the school building and made a beeline for the opposite direction of the gymnasium. Abercrombie rolled his eyes and hurried after him.

"I'll go take him to the proper place." He offered and chased after his friend. Everyone nodded in agreement, and let themselves relax. You then looked up at the Billboard and stood up.

"So, are we all in the same class?" You asked. Astro nodded and rested his hands on his hips.

"Yep! Abercrombie and I had a look earlier." He stated and brushed his fingers over the wooden board.

"That reminds me, why are you here so early if we have the morning off?" Ajeero asked while Kennedy and Reno eyed the class list.

"Well I have student council prep I needed to do, and I think Abercrombie just forgot." Astro explained. Ajeero nodded in understanding while you looked off to the side.

"You're still in the student council? Isn't it boring?" You asked. Astro shook his head and smiled at you.

"No, not at all. I quite like it, getting to know what all of the students of Fujisaki high are up to." He admitted. You shrugged off his interests and held your arms behind your head.

"Whatever you say."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobio kept his head lowered as Abercrombie escorted him towards the school's stadium.

"Sorry about this..." He trailed off. Abercrombie waved off his apology and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Nah, it's all good. It's your first day here, wouldn't want you getting lost." He admitted. Tobio smiled up at him just as the pair stopped at the doors leading into the gymnasium. Abercrombie then gave him a good slap to the back, and waved him off. "See ya at lunch I guess." He said and turned his back to him. Tobio nodded and faced the metal doors. He then swallowed hard and pushed the doors wide open.

'Please don't notice me please don't notice me...!' Tobio silently prayed as he entered the quiet gymnasium. As if god was against him, which he usually is, almost everyone in the room turned to face him, making him go stiff with fear.  'They noticed me!' He inwardly wailed and forced himself to take a step forward.

At the front of the stage, a man who Tobio assumed was the principal cleared his throat, and addressed Tobio with a raised eyebrow.

"You're late. And on your first day too. Please take a seat, anywhere is fine." Tobio bit his lip and nodded. He then made his way towards the closest seat he could find, and sat down in it. The gazes from many students, especially the girls, lingered for a moment more before they were forced to turn their attention towards the principal as he gave his speech.