Chapter - 13: Her Past; His Embrace

Start from the beginning

As Sanskar instructed, Roger did not allow any outsiders such as Badi's neighbours and relatives of Gadodia's inside Dida's house.

Swara took out old albums from Dida's cupboard it has many pictures of her parents, Dida, Swara's childhood pics. She was remembering the old days.

Sanskar was beside her looking at pictures and asking her any details behind those and Swara was sharing her memories with him with small smile and teary eyes remembering their good old days.

"Swara, Kakisa wanted you to be happy. If you will cry like this, she will feel bad." Sujata said wiping her tears.

"Sujata is correct beta, Kakisa has lived her life with dream of you being happy in your life, she felt content when you and Sanskar got married and she saw you happy during your reception. She will be always with us in our memories just like Reva and Anurag" Annapurna said caressing her hairs.

Swara nodded her head in agreement.

Sanskar along with DP, Ram and Gadodia males went for Asthi Visarjan, Sanskar was reluctant to leave Swara alone but since he was grandson in law of Shobha, Panditiji asked him to accompany them till Hugli river. After detailed instructions session to Roger he stepped out of home.

At noon Shomi and Ragini along with Dadi came to Dida's house.

"Swara beta we want to discuss with you something" Parvati said while taking a seat on the drawing room's couch.

"Ji Dadi" Swara said

"Swara, we talked to Panditji he is saying we can do all last rituals for Ma tomorrow as it is her Choutha." Sharmishtha said

"Whatever you say Masi" Swara said nodding her head.

"Ok then Panditji will come home tomorrow morning at 7 to do rituals as well as grih shanti puja followed by Brahmin Bhojan." Sharmishtha said

Swara nodded her in agreement.

"Also, we want to discuss something else as well. I know Ma has put you as nominee for this house. So, after Ma this house is on your name. Earlier that would have made sense but now you are wife of Sanskar and bahu of Maheshwari family, the richest family of India. Your bedroom in that house is much bigger than this house. So, I was thinking if you transfer the ownership of this house to Ragini, then we can use it during her wedding." Sharmishtha said.

"Swara, I know this house Shobha bought from Anurag's and Reva's savings, so you have right on this but now you don't need it, whereas for us we are still middle class even a small amount of investment is big for us. We can rent it out or when time comes, we can sale it" Parvati said.

"I understand Masi and Dadi, I will transfer the house in Ragini's name." Swara said nodding her head, though she was sad that the house she lived with her Dida for last ten years, she has so many memories with her Dida in this house, will soon belong to someone else.

"Thank you Swara, I will ask Shekhar to get papers ready with in next two – three days then you can sign them as it is you are here, let's finish all formalities before you go back to Mumbai." Sharmishtha said.

Swara nodded her head.

"How can they say all these things to Swara now, Jiji?" Sujata whisper to Annapurna, they were in kitchen. They did not want to involve in their internal family matters. "It's not even two days for Kakisa'a demise and these people are talking about property?" Sujata continued with displeased tone.

"Leave it Sujata, there must be some logical reasoning, but I also agree this is not the right time. They should have waited till this one week." Annapurna said shaking her head.