Chapter 14

"Baby you're all that I want
When you're lying here in my arms
I'm finding it hard to believe
We're in heaven"

Ponyboys POV

I was sitting alone at the lot, regretting my life decisions. But then Johnny came up and kissed me. I kissed back, breathing in his scent and running my hands through his ungreased hair. I always liked it like it was at the church, short and ungreased. It was so soft, I love his hair. And I love him.

He broke the kiss, looking into my green-gray eyes with his big beautiful almost black puppy eyes. They looked like they were pleading.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and looked down. I shook my head and cupped his face with one hand.

"Baby, don't apologize. It was me who messed up, okay?" I hugged him. I didn't give him enough time to hug me back before quickly pulling away.

"I love you so much." He blurted out. He looked shocked at his words and quickly looked down. I smirked.

"But guess what?" He looked up at me with fear in his eyes. He is so adorable. "I love you more." I finished. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me.

I realized one thing, we never became official. Sure we did all of these things, but I wanted him to officially be my boyfriend. It would make me the happiest I'd ever been. I love this boy more than I've ever loved anyone.

I'm gonna ask him. But maybe it should be somewhere more special. No, this place is special enough. We have so many memories here. This lot was like our place. I should do it right now.

"Johnnycake...I have a question." He broke away enough to where we made eye contact but he still had his arms wrapped around me.

"Yeah?" I took a deep breath. Why am I so nervous?

"I love you. I love you more than anything. I mean it when I say you're my entire world. I want to be able to really call you mine. So Johnny Cade, will you be my boyfriend." He smiled and pressed his forehead to mine. I kissed his nose and he giggled, and wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Of course I will, Pone." He kissed me again, this time it wasn't quick or gentle. I pulled him on my lap, and I was practically shoving my tongue down his throat.

He must've realized we were making out in a public place and anyone could see us at any time.

"Let's go home." I say when I break the kiss. He frowned when I stopped kissing him but of course he understood. I grabbed his hand and we walked home, which was only a block away.

We got there and opened the door. They all looked at us and smiled when they saw we were holding hands.

"Aw, look at the two lovebirds." Two-Bit teased, making over exaggerated kissing noises. Marcia smacked him in the arm and he started laughing like a hyena. Seriously, how does she put up with him?

"No funny business under this roof, ya got that little buddy?" Darry scolded. I blushed but also smirked. Trust me I wanted to do...um..."those things"...with Johnny but I don't think either one of us are completely ready. I bet Darry and Dally have done stuff already.

"Don't worry, we won't do anything you and Dally do." Darry turned bright red and I started laughing at him. Dally flicked me off but I could see the small smile on his face.

"It's true, I walked in on them once. Learn how to lock a damn door." Soda said jokingly. When the hell did he get here?

"We're all happy for you two." Marcia was jumping up and down excitedly. She defiantly liked us together.

"Well then we'll just be going to our room-" I proceeded to walk past them but Dally stopped me.

"One more thing, kid. If you hurt him in any way, shape, or form, then I'll kill you. I don't care if your my boyfriends kid brother. I'll kick your ass." I gulped. Dally sure was scary, but he didn't need to worry about that. I wouldn't ever lay a finger on him. Besides that time I pushed him, but I regret that more than anything. I know Johnny forgives me but I think I'll regret that for the rest of my life.

Well, I think it's time to put everything that happened in the past. We're getting a new start, and we're getting it together.

"I wouldn't ever hurt him." Dally glared at me for a second before smiling.

"I know, kid." He let us pass and we ran to our room. It had been one hell of a week. I'm pretty sure Johnny was just as tired as I was.

"Wanna take a nap, baby?" I ask. He chuckles before pointing to the clock. It was 7pm. Who the hell naps at 7pm?

No comment.

"Oh- uhh...wanna go to sleep?" I put my hand behind my back and he nodded and we both lay down on the bed. We both lay on our backs before I opened my arms up.

"Come here." He blushed and scooted closer to me, and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Did I ever tell you how adorable you are?" I know that was pretty cheesy but whatever. It was true and I felt like he needed to hear that. He doesn't know how beautiful and perfect he truly is.

"T-thanks honey. You know you're hot, right?" He knew sometimes I was self conscious about my looks. But I didn't care what people thought. If Johnny thought I was good looking, then that didn't matter. Besides, looks don't even matter. I'd love Johnny even if he was ugly, which is the complete opposite of what he was.

I felt grateful to fall asleep next to my boyfriend. And I was glad I could call him my boyfriend. After all this hell we were put through, we deserved to be together. And I think things are gonna he just fine.

I don't remember what it was like to be lonely, or even afraid. I don't even remember those nights where I woke up in fear when I had nightmares. All I remembered was how much I loved Johnny and how much he loved me.

I look at the beautiful boy next to me, who's already pretty much asleep. He must've been really tired. I didn't have to push any hair from his forehead since he didn't have long bangs anymore, I just kissed his head and closed my eyes.

Yeah, things were gonna be alright.

"And love is all that I need
And I found out there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven"