Seeing Each Other Again

Start from the beginning

The snow was coming down softly and it began decorating my head and thighs. My teeth chattered and my hand shook whenever it reached the bottle to my lips.

I couldn't stop thinking about how handsome Aeron looked at the store. He was supposed to be depressed, sad, ugly, like me! But he wasn't. He was even more gorgeous in person than he was in my sleep and daydreams.

I thought of his warm arms around me and closed my eyes. There were a few people that ignored me and kept going up the steps to the apartments and I ignored all of them. But as I was imagining my crazy boyfriend's arms around me, I felt them. For real. I snuggled in deeper to them and I felt them squeeze me closer.

"Diana," he said lowly.

"Mmh." Even his voice was here beside me.

I was suddenly impressed with myself for imagining him with me. Maybe I just needed some booze and frostbite to get it.

"Diana," he said again. Oh I love it when he says my name. His strong hand went up and down my arm and I wanted to look at him. But I was scared that once I turned around he'd disappear, and I would be left alone, again. "Baby, it's cold out here. Let's get you inside." His voice was too real. And the kiss he gave me, after saying that, on my head was really there. He was really here!

I whipped my head in his direction and I winced at the pain in my head and shut my eyes close. "Aeron?" I finally got out. "You're really here?" I asked, slurring my words. The handsome man smiled at me warmly and nodded as he rubbed my back.

"I'm really here, Baby." He moved a piece of brown hair out of my face and kissed my temple. "We need to get you inside. Your face is freezing."

I didn't even hear his bike. I looked for it in the parking lot and sure enough it was real too. It was really here, too. He was here. He came back to me!

"Come on," he said. He stood up and I nodded. He hoisted me onto my feet and I fell in his arms. "Easy, looks like you drank a bit too much." I looked down at the ground and found four empty bottles. I pushed my freezing glasses up my nose and wrapped my arm around Aeron's skinny waist. He opened the door to the apartment and Lily seemed surprised to see him.

Aeron

"What are you doing here?" Lily asked upon entering her and Diana's apartment.

"I came to check up on Diana. I found her outside and if I hadn't come when I did she'd probably be dead." Lily came up and put her hands on Diana's face. She cursed under her breath and hugged her cousin.

"She's not well," she said. I looked at Diana and chuckled when she burped then hiccuped.

"I can tell. Hey, her bottles are still outside. I'd grab those before you guys get a complaint." Lily nodded and went outside. I led Diana over to the couch and plopped down beside her. I moved her hair out of her face and took off her hoodie. "We need to get you in some warm clothes." I went to get up to go to her room but she stopped me. She shook her head as if telling me to not even try to go into her room. I grabbed her hand and pulled it forcefully off my jacket and smiled at her. I went to her room and almost had a heart attack.

Clothes were sprawled everywhere. An odor idled in the air and I plugged my nose. Part of me felt heartbroken because of what I put Diana through. The other part was screaming at me to clean the mess up. I went to her drawers and grabbed a pair of leggings and a T-shirt. I then jumped over clothes and food wrappers and exited the room.

"Diana, your room." I said teasingly. I didn't want to make her feel bad. I understood that she was really going through something hard. I did some stupid and weird things when I was getting over her. But I guess none of it worked since I was definitely still not over her.