Building trust

Mila's POV: "Ow ow ow my ear, take it easy Annika" I pulled away then held my ear. I could feel it pulsing where she pinch and yanked on it.

"Easy?! You go and start a fight with a super that's already rampaging in town and u want me to take it..- hold on a sec." Annika stopped to go greet Xay and his friends that were still waiting at the door.

She invited them in and I layed on the couch. I was so relieved to finally be able to rest and now get better.

I told Evan to lay Skyler down on the next couch but he wasn't listening he was too busy staring at Annika. "Evan.. Evan......EVAN!".

"Y-yh! What's up what you need" he sounded flustered looking around the room, then looking dead at me.

"Lay her on the couch over here" I sounded exhausted and the burns were really hurting. I'm used to pain though...due to my past, I guess that's why I'm more conscious than Skyler.

"Annika can you heal me and that girl over there pleasee" my voice was pleading and sincere but then I realizing the room was getting dark.

Is it Xavier? I looked over at him but he was just sitting on the floor. Oh wait... I heard Annika's voice yelling at me but it sounded so far away..

"Did you just..did you tell them about my powers Mila that's so incon-" the voice kept slowly fading until I heard nothing and I lost consciousness.

"Hide here Mila, he can't hurt us if we stay here" a voice said to me..it was my sister Elena.

"Is he drunk again..I dont want mommy to get hurt.." whimpered from my mouth.

"Shhh no one will be getting hurt I promise" she said trying to be confident but I could the shaking in her voice.

"Then why are you making me hide in the closet..it's scary in here.." I started to cry but heard a door slam shut in the living room. Our mom's boyfriend came stumbling in and I could smell a familiar strong stench from here.

"Stay here and be quiet" she whispered sternly as I covered my mouth. She closed the door and I felt every breathe that left me turn heavier with each exhale..

Mom's boyfriend came stumbling in the room and Elena pretended to be reading. He leaned all his weight against the wall and I heard his thud. I peaked through the crack of the closet.

"Where's your mother, and where's your sister.." his deep voice shook me to my core. The stench grew stronger and my breathing grew heavier.

"She's sleeping and Mila's playing in the backyard" Elena replied calmly and looking at her book. The man stepped forward to her and slapped the book out her hand.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you! It's bad enough that bitch is asleep and left me to watch you two!" His yells echoed through the house.

I gasped escaped my mouth and he looked over at the closet. He turned towards me but Elena grabbed his hand to try to stop him. He swung his hand back and slapped her, he charged to the closet and ripped open the door "awww is this the outside Mila?".

He grabbed me and pulled me out then raised his hand to slap me-..

...

I'm awake..good it was just a dream.
I look at the other side of the room to see everyone was up watching tv and Skyler was already healed. Annika was leaning over me with a green light emitting from her hands.