Acting 1

You've been delaying taking this class since freshman year. Each year, you had promised to take it the next semester but you would always push it off, thinking that it would be better to just wait. However, you were on your last semester and you really had no other choice but to take the class. It was a requirement, you couldn't avoid it, even if you wanted to. 

Acting 1 was suppose to be an easy course but you knew that you weren't going to pass that class if you didn't ask for help. Frankly, you had no idea why they were making you even take the course. Your degree was in directing, not in acting. The two of them were very different things. 

With one last attempt to not have to take the course, you headed towards your advisor, hoping that they could exempt you from it and have you take something else. 

"My answer is no, (y/n). I've been telling you for the past couple of semesters to just take it so you can get it over with but you refused to listen and now look at you. You're panicking last minute for this course when you shouldn't be. You're suppose to be worrying about your senior project."

"I'm not worried about that Mr. Smith. I know that I can do well on that but I'm shit at acting. I can't act even if my life depended on it."

He chuckles softly, remembering your acting attempt in the winter's play. 

"Do not even mention that. I told you that I panicked."

"Alright. Alright. Tell you what. I'm going to put you in the Acting 1 class with our guest lecturer. I think it'll be much easier for you."

"Oh come on. Is that the best you can do."

"It is. Either you can take it. Or leave it?"

"I'll take it."

He grins triumphantly. He honestly didn't think you would give in so easily. 

"So who is the guest lecturer?"

"Its TBA for a reason. All I know is that she's an actress from a show that shoots in the city."

"Wait, really? What is she doing here then?'

"I really shouldn't be telling you this but I hate not being able to tell anyone. Apparently, she owed one of the professors a favor for helping her out land a role so long ago so she's just returning it."

"You sure that you don't know who it is?"

You ask again, wanting to see if he could crack.

"(y/n), do you really think that I wouldn't tell you? It would have been the first thing out of my mouth. I was desperate to get you to take that class. We couldn't have our top student failing her last semester just because she flunked a freshman level course."

"Sure, sure. I'll see you later then, Mr. Smith."

He waves you off as you walk out. You make your way to your apartment to get ready for the first day of classes. It was almost time for bed and yet you still had no idea what your schedule looked like to see if you could sleep in a little. So before planning anything out, you pulled out your course schedule, finding out that your first class started at 10, giving you time to be able to sleep in.  Which you were going to need all the sleep you could get as Acting was going to be your first class of the day. 

After finishing getting all your books ready for the next day and doing some light cleaning, you went to bed. Hoping, sleep would stop your nerves. Despite, Mr. Smith, telling you that the class would be easy, you just knew you were going to have a hard time. 

X

 You were running late, you had forgotten to set the alarm for you to wake up before class and ended up waking up 10 minutes before class started. Rushing through your morning routine, you ran to class, hoping you weren't too late. 

By the time, you arrive, it's 20 minutes since the class had started. You practically slam the door open, making everyone turn to face you. Your face heats up as you feel your stares. 

"Nice of you to join us, take a seat."

You knew that accent from anywhere. It couldn't be, could it?

Turning around to see who had told you to sit, you discovered your ears weren't deceiving you. Katie McGrath was going to be your Acting professor. You just about fainted. 

"Is something the matter?"

You shook yourself out of your thoughts when you realized she was addressing you. 

"Oh uh no. Sorry."

She nods and waits for you to find a seat before continuing to what she was saying. 

"Now where was I...."