Chapter 41: April 16th

Start from the beginning

"He's not coming,"

*****

I unlock my suite and enter only to be shocked by the person, sitting there. "Mum?"

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I'm in town so I decided to check up on you, honey how are you." She smiles, standing up to give me a hug.

"What do you mean you're in town?"

She obviously followed us here and how the hell did she even get into my hotel room?

"I came to see your grandmother." She lies.

"You were here like two weeks ago" I roll my eyes at her."

"Alright. Fine, fine," She sighs, "no mother wants to miss her daughter's 22nd birthday, Amelia."

I knew it!

"Mum, I'm here to celebrate with my friends."

"Your friends love me. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I tag along. I'm a better company than you anyways. I'm more fun." She winks.

I roll my eyes again though that is actually true.

"I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to celebrate anymore."

"Why?"

"I just had a fight with them."

"How come?"

"It's about Adam."

"You love him, don't you?"

"I am falling in love with him, yes."

"Oh, sweetie."

"It's so hard, mum."

"True love is never easy."

"I've never felt like this before," I explain.

"I understand."

"How do I get over him?"

"Honey, why do you want to do that?"

"He's never going to love me back, mum."

"Don't say that! You are a smart, elegant and beautiful woman. Adam would be foolish to not love you back."

"You're just saying that because you're my mum." I smile.

"Well, yeah but I'm also saying it because it's the truth. You know Adam agreed straight up when he was told that he was going to marry you. No questions asked. You're his childhood love. You mean a lot to him."

As I'm about to answer her, Nicole barges into the room. Her eyes light up when she sees my mum. "Hi, mummy." She comes over and hugs her

My mum hugs her back and kisses her on the cheek. "Hi, honey. You look so beautiful. I love your dress."

"Thank you." Nicole pulls away and twirl.

I chuckle and she looks at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smile.

****

I feel someone rubbing something on my face. It feels tingly like a feather. Weirdly, the feather smells so good so I open my eyes and see a bouquet of beautiful lavenders. They are my favorite flowers but what I like more is the person holding them.

"Happy Birthday." Adam smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I mumble.

"What do you think?" He tickles my face with the flowers again.