Prom

It's prom day and I'm nervous. I couldn't sleep last night and when I finally got to sleep outside started to wake up. I don't know how today is going to go because Jackson hasn't been talking to me. I barely see him at school if I do he acting distance and sometimes I feel like he dodging me. When I check the weight room he all smiles and giggles with Leigh, it's really starting to bother me that they are close. It was cute at first, but now it's annoying and I need to say something... I have too.

My mom took me for breakfast and the final run around for prom. I still needed small items like my jewelry, touch up on my nails and toes, and finally hair and makeup. We pulled into The Jewelry Spot my mom parked and pulled down her visor to apply her lip gloss to her lips. "I always say your lips gotta be poppin before you get the walking" "mom, please." "What? Mommy wants to find a hot man too." She winked and started laughing. "Momm, cmon." I laughed but my laugh stopped when I spotted Leigh and her parents walking into The Jewelry Spot. I checked the mirror and opened the door. "You ready?" My mom asked while popping her lips. That's when Jackson Truck pulled into a spot in front of me across the street. I closed my door and stared at his truck waiting for him to get out.
Is that Jackson?
Yes. I couldn't say anything else I just wanted to watch the scene and see how I needed to respond to him. So I texted him.

Asha: Wassup?
Jackson: just pulled up to TJS. You still coming?
Asha: I didn't even know you was still going to prom since you haven't been responding.
Jackson: been busy. You still coming?
Asha: Thanks to my mom I been here.
Jackson: cool. See you inside.

Cmon on mom I'll meet you inside. I speed walked across the parking lot and directly to Jackson's passenger door. He never locks his doors back once he park his truck so I knew the door was unlocked. I hopped in.

The fuck Jackson? I immediately got his attention.

Looking irritated and confused he answered back, What the fuck you talking about Asha?

I'm talking about you not hitting me back. I been blowing you up all week since you left my house. Like wtf? You embarrassed cause my mom heard us or what?

Look... like I said I been busy. while checking his appearance and teeth like he always does before getting out he continued, The world don't revolve around you anymore Asha.

Excuse me? What? I never said the world did revolve around me but it would be nice if my boyfriend acted like I was in his world.

He stared straight ahead before opening the truck door letting out a deep sigh. Look A, I'm just trying to finish this senior year with on a good note. I don't have time for this arguing shit ite? So you trying to go in here with an attitude or what because I can leave?

Fuck that good note shit Jackson, you haven't been fucking with me since you left me when my mom came home. So what, you fucking with Leigh? That's what you want? Y'all been so buddy buddy lately, you smiling in her face and shit. See I ignored the shit when you asked me to prom but since then that shit not sitting with me! My anger got the best of me and I threw my lip gloss at him.

He caught the tube. Ite, you done? I only have this much patience with you because I love you but shorty you running it real thin. If I wanted to fuck with Leigh I would've, trust me it could have happened a few times but I'm not that type of man.Quit playing with me, kill the pissy ass attitude and get your ass in this fucking store.

There was nothing else I could say, Jackson don't argue and he don't say much but when he does it's an earful. He handed me my lip gloss and got out the truck. Got damn got mfs looking at me like I'm crazy and shit. He mumbled to himself slamming the door. I watched him walk onto the sidewalk massaging his temples, he stopped and looked at me before coming to my side and opening the door for me. C'mon.