turn n burn

"No matter how many time I break down, theres always a piece of me that says no, you're not done yet, get back up!" -unknown

It was the last day of freshman year. Lucas and I had been dating for almost two months. It was sunny out so I was riding Blittz bareback. I hadn't felt confident enough to trot yet but today was the day. I started her at a walk but when I went to go trot her she got her foot cot on some white electrical tape on the ground. She spooked and jumped up in the air, throwing me into the dirt were I landed on my phone holster on my hip. I had no helmet on but I sat up anyway. It hurt, my hip. I started to ball. I slowly pulled my phone out and clicked my mom's number. It rang once, twice, a third time. Final my mama picked up. "Yes?""mama. "Blittz just spooked and threw me. My hip hurts, I can't get up!" I said frantically threw the phone. "Okay I'm coming keep talking to me honey!"

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

"Were you okay?" my father-in-law asks. "My hip was bruised for a while and hurt for about a month but nothing broken." I responded. "Tell them about running Blittz in the field with the barrels mama!!" T says excitedly from his lap. "This last one and then I gotta go okay?" "Okayyyyy."

!!!!!!!!!!🤠!!!!!!!!!

I was really excited. I had just gotten a new pair of sport boots and was ready to try them on the barrels. I had only trotted Blittz on the pattern before so this would be new. I started her in a u turn heading for the right barrel first at a slow lope. One right and two lefts and I'd run home. We had a big wide pocket on the first, she sped up a bit going to the second but we cut it close, slamming my knee on the metal rim of the barrel but I got ranchy and grabbed the barrel so it wouldn't fall. She gave me more speed as we came to the third i coordinated every step as quickly as possible making sure we would have a decent turn. We swung around the third, dust flying up around and behind us as she took off, giving me a hole new, fast, amazing speed, i had never felt before, I felt as if I was flying. And in a way I was. Cuz horses are like Angel's sent down to us from God.

 Cuz horses are like Angel's sent down to us from God