2020 Valentines Day Special || RoaR as a Book

don't know if other authors do this, but my writing style is completely different on Wattpad when compared to reality. so I decided to give an idea of RoaR look like if I wrote it in my typical writing style, aka if this was the first chapter in a book. 

- () -

Chapter 1 || No Formalities 

{ Rule #22: No Formalities }
{ subsection b - don't shake hands }

-

I like rules and I like lists. They organize life into a series of words you can check off with blue-ink pen. Stressed about seeing your ex-boyfriend? Rules on how to act. Always forgetting about your friends birthdays? List of dates and names. Trying to convince your dad to not move to Brooksville, Florida? Well. 

 reasons on why on moving to florida is a dumb idea: 

a) making a whole new friend group on your senior of high school is IMPOSSIBLE 

b) the sand  

c) with the rising sea levels due to climate change, it's only a matter of time before beach house get overrun with the high tide and we lose thousands of dollars trying to relocate

Point D had to do with the declining wildlife, but dad had interrupted me with one of his 'i'm doing this your for benefit, sweetheart' speech which is basically a nicer way of saying 'we're hoping a nice view of ocean will stop you from acting like a freak'. There was an epic screaming match that last over two weeks. But, since I'm a minor and therefore property of my parents, I had no choice but to relent.

So here I am. In the back of dad's SUV. With my legs cramped between my little sister's backpack and a box of kitchen china that my mom was too afraid to put into the moving van. The seats smell like greasy french fries and spilled hot coffee from McDonald's. I lost my earphones right before we left so I have no choice but to listen to dad's favorite radio station, NPR.  

My phone buzzes.

Irene: have you reached there yet 

Me: Not yet. Soon. 

Irene: send pics!!!

Me: I will. 

I go back to looking outside my window. We branch off the highway. Headlights and long roads slip behind us as we take a turn into a set of suburban neighborhoods. Through the gaps between palm trees and sandstone walls, I catch a glimpse of the beach. With the ocean. And sand. Yuck. Sand.

Mom snaps her fingers, catching our attention.

 Melody, my little sister, takes out one of her airpods. "Huh?" 

"Straighten up," She smooths her hair, running her acrylic white fingernails through the strands of platinum blonde. "We're almost here. Wipe that expression of your face, Peyton. Smile." 

"Who's going to care if I smile?" 

"You never know who might be watching. It's important to make a nice first impression." 

"Dad doesn't have to make a nice first impression. Why do I have to? It's because I'm girl and have to smile at all times, isn't it?" 

"Will you chill?" Melody snaps. "Not everything is about feminism." 

"The patriarchy reaches goes to all branches of social networks, Melody."  

"Enough!" Mom snaps, applying her second layer of lipgloss. "Peyton, please do stop getting into arguments. I don't want any negativity tonight."