Chapter eight

Percy Jackson belongs to Uncle Rick not me sadly.
——————————————————————————————————————————————

    When I woke up it Percy was shaking me really hard. "Ow! What's going on?" "The Titan war, it's starting in Manhattan, right now! Hurry up and get dressed!" "What about food?" "I already packed it for you and offered it for you now get dressed!" I ran into the bathroom and put on jean shorts and a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. I grabbed Polemistís and ran out the door to join Annabeth and Percy. Where was Conner? When I asked as where Conner was they realized he wasn't there. We asked Travis but he didn't know either. "Well he'll be here any minute so we'll start loading up and if he doesn't make it then let's hope he stays alive here......." Chiron was about to finish but I ran off into the forest to look for Conner. I shouted his name several times before I saw him in a tree. I climbed up there and said, "Conner come on! We have to go! We have to save everyone and end the Titan war!" "I can't! I'm scared Pepper. What if we fail? What if I fail?" "If we fail, we fail together. But we're not gonna fail. We're gonna win." I jumped down from the branch and helped him down. He was heavier than I expected so I fell and he fell next to me. He stood up and helped me up. I "tripped" on another rock and leaned on him. I looked up at him and suddenly I felt his warm breath on my cheek. I closed the distance between us and kissed him right on the lips. He kissed me back and when we separated we just kinda stood there, staring at each other. "We need to go before they leave without us Thief Boy." I said as I grabbed his hand and we ran to the top of the hill. We were able to get on the last bus to get to Manhattan. When we arrived just outside of it, it looked normal than on the inside everything looked, frozen in time. We spotted Percy and Annabeth outside one of the hotels and we were greeted with Percy saying "PEPPER DARLING JACKSON IF YOU EVER RUN OF LIKE THAT AGAIN YOU WILL BE GROUNDED IN THE OCEAN FOR A WEEK!!!!!" "Oh my gosh Percy chill." I said quite annoyed he used my middle name. All four of us walked inside the hotel and picked our rooms. We went to the snack bar and me and Percy found all of the blue food and pit it in our mini fridge. We decided to separate my cabins so. I looked out my window and saw Luke and his army marching towards us. "Percy we need to alert everyone for battle like now! Luke and his army are coming right toward us!" I yelled at him. We ran through the hotel telling everyone. Someone grabbed my arm and turned around and saw Annabeth. "Pepper, you've been at CHB for not a lot of time but I hope your training has prepared you for this. No matter what friends forever?" "Forever!" I said as we hugged. We ran outside with the others and saw the battle had started without us. We ran into it, destroying monsters. When suddenly someone touched my arm. I turned around and saw Luke! I tried to stab him but my dagger bounced right off. "I think I've found my Rhea, my queen." he smirked after that and picked me and carried me bridal style. I screamed for help but that was a mistake. Luke (I think it was him, his eyes were different) grabbed his sword and made the hilt of it hit my head and I passed out but before I did I heard Conner scream my name, I think he was trying to get to me to save me but I knew it was too late and than everything went black.