Burden

Everything went black for a second, followed up by continuous ringing and buzzing. Slight vision crept in and I felt my body shift in and out of reality for a second. I started questioning if I was dead or if I had just been stabbed but as time passed and the realization hit, I finally started to understand my symptoms. 

I analyzed it as hard as I could and concluded: Panic. I was experiencing a panic attack and all I could do was lay on the cold damp ground and get in a fetal position, at least that's what I thought I did. 

As my heart beat faster and faster, the ringing and buzzing came in and out in waves and was sometimes replaced with a muffled voice from the other side. I felt myself shaking, either from total shock or from someone else. The voice became clearer but at this point, I had forgotten the English language. 

Only my thoughts were heard and shared with me and no one else could interrupt them. Were they even thoughts. They sounded like shapes. Sharp, round, different shapes. Yes, sounded. It was disturbing, to say the least.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain being left on my cheek. My eyes opened up and there I saw Jeff trying to shake me. His voice was heard from far away but I could see he was closer than ever. I don't know what he was trying to do but as my shaking hand reached for the burn that was left on my cheek, I had realized he just slapped me. 

I stared in disbelief, then in shock, then in fear. I started to move away from him in a backward kind of manner. I turned around, stood up and tried to run in the process. Although the snow made me do the clumsiest act as I directly slipped and fell, scraping my knees. 

Then he grabbed my arm and that's when I let out a scream. My voice became muffled as his hand reached over to cover it. I was now in his grip as he held me tightly, trying his best to hold down my struggles to escape. I realized that this was the end, I was going to die now. I started crying and I stopped struggling, which made Jeff in return soften his grip on me.

"I do-don't want t-to di-die", I stuttered in between sobs.

Once again, the sounds around me faded in and out as I felt thrown out of reality. His grip on me tightened yet again and I questioned myself what he would do next. Would he kill me? He probably would. Wouldn't even hesitate to pierce my skin with his sharp knife and then he'd leave me be to die by blood loss. I was waiting for it, but it never came. It never arrived. 

"Why aren't you doing anything?", I whispered hoarsely as my earlier scream had left me sore. 

He never answered.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KILL ME, JUST DO IT", I screamed and started thrashing around.

If he wasn't out here to kill me then I'd as well try and escape. Maybe I can try and move away from him. Change my name to something so he wouldn't be able to find me. Start over somewhere new. I'd have to leave my friends and family. But at least I wouldn't be a burden to them. 

Make them care for me, someone who's no one to them probably. I wouldn't use them for my benefit of socializing. I'd just leave them be, never to be seen again. It would be better. Or maybe even better to get killed right here on the spot, right? 

I started slightly punching Jeff against the chest, wanting to make him do something other than holding me. I felt his chest rise and fall whenever my fists hit against it. Then I felt himself rise and stand up, still holding me. He started hushing me but what came out of his mouth was inaudible. 

The ringing and buzzing blocking his vocal cords. I was way too choked up on my tears so I decided to keep quiet. Maybe it'd be for the best? I slowly relaxed in between sobs while fiddling with my thumbs. They started hurting after a while but it was better than acting out my feelings to do something worse to myself. 

My breath hitched and as I kept my eyes on Jeff, I saw and felt his responses to my quick exhales. Almost like worrying. I nudged him and the continuous ringing and buzzing faded out.

"Yeah?"

"Let me down. I can walk", I explained and tried to get away from him.

"Eli-"

"Let me down, please", I half-begged. 

He shrugged uncertainly while putting me down. I looked around to see where he had left the groceries. He held them in his left hand. I reached for it and he didn't hesitate while giving it to me. I kept quiet started walking. Everything became dull and emotionless. I recognized where I was. I awoke my inner sense of direction and started walking at a quick pace with footsteps behind me following my shadow. We didn't speak a word to one another.

At the door, finally, feeling cold and rusty, I turned around and looked at him. He was quiet.

"What?", I asked, myself or Jeff, I was unsure.

"I'll stop", he said.

"What?", I spoke once again.

"I'll stop following you", he said.

I took a step forward, off of my front porch. To get a look, I guess. To remind me of what's happening and what was currently happening wasn't a dream. 

"For real?", I asked.

He looked up.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll decide to come for a visit one day to finish it all though", he smirked.

My heart beat faster and my eyes grew big. He noticed this and stopped smiling, then looked at me gently.

"Just kidding. But, yeah. You're not fun to play with".

Oh?

"Oh", I said.

"Yeah".

It turned awkward. I didn't know what to say, neither did he. We were both quiet. No one wanted to speak up about what had just happened. Like it had never happened. Maybe nothing did happen. Maybe it was just me being stupid as usual, once again. I can't comprehend what's going on, even right now I can't truly see what's going on. What's going on? I have no clue if I gotta be honest.

I looked down at my feet, then his. Then I looked up, at his face, hiding. Maybe for a good reason but I couldn't be too sure. I shrugged, reached out a hand and waited. What was I doing? Was I ending this with a handshake? Yeah, I can't believe it either but here we are I guess. 

Maybe I'll prevent him from murdering me in the future, maybe not. He appeared and seems crazy enough to drop a surprise atom bomb at me so it wouldn't surprise me if I woke up with a knife to my back later on. We'll see. I don't know how I feel about it, to be honest.

I felt him firmly shake my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Eli. I'll see you around", he said and released my hand. 

I nodded, while I fumbled with my keys. I looked up and he was gone.

I was happy and relieved, but on edge and never the same.  

A/N

Did this story just end???

Lmao no I got like,, 11 more chapters to spare and even more to come. 

ALSO corona got me fucked up. Just got news that I prob won't be able to move away from this shitty town im still in. kinda yikes

Guess I have more time to write on this story tho. Hope ya'll still enjoy it, especially now during these difficult times.

REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS, STAY SAFE, PLAY MINECRAFT AND READ THIS FANFIC!!